the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Herald Of Your Every Disaster

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
With all of the warrior’s mind bent on the threats that might have been coming from outside to her borders, she left no space for the thought that any destabilization might take seed from within. She was not unintelligent, but he battlemare was far from wise. As loyal as she was fierce, this loyalty to lord and land was rooted so deep, was so fundamental that she assumed it had to be shared by any that called Dragon’s Throat their home. Whatever gods made the world had fashioned Megaera for honesty and action and given her none of the cunning craft.

Bucephalus didn’t even constitute a blip on her metaphorical threat-detection radar. Gaucho would never elevate someone who didn’t have the herd’s interests at heart, and if Gaucho trusted so did she. When he spoke amiably, even offering some approval, Meg slid easily into the companionable treatment she might have shown any of their desert kindred. “Yes, all is quiet tonight.”

She looked back towards the shore, trying to settle herself with the knowledge that other warriors were watching as well. She’d be no use dead on her feet if anything did happen, so a short rest would probably be the best course. “I’ll walk indeed and rest my wings a bit, but I should not linger long. I’ll need to report to the Oasis in an hour or so.” Friendly was her speech, but it lacked the deference that others might have given to his title. In theory, this unknown stallion was on equal footing with Gaucho, but Meg gravitated to strength and as far as she was concerned Bucephalus could flex all the diplomatic muscles he pleased but he was not the Sultan.

She settled herself into walk beside him, and started with a getting-to-know-you tone: “So, how long have you been in Dragon’s Thoat? You must have come during my absence or we would have met before.”

Notes:Sorry for the wait! I throw myself upon your mercy!
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
The Herald Of Your Every Disaster - by Bucephalus - 01-19-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: The Herald Of Your Every Disaster - by Megaera - 02-15-2015, 10:42 PM