the Rift

[OPEN] Dark Paradise

Asch Posts: 25
Deceased
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8 Months
Brit

Asch had never felt as if the world liked her, and she had grown up believing that everything that happened to her occurred only to destroy her. Somehow, she had never been meant to exist, and for a long time it had been a burden on the slim girl's shoulders. Her lack of self-esteem had been shackles that kept her in her younger twin's shadow, a dog with bloody chops and savage eyes, ready to be told to attack at the nearest moment. So wandering around in the snow...well, she certainly had expected for her loneliness to weight further upon her soul, for nothing to come and answer her pitiful, plaintive cries for relief. For love.

Instead, a pale form that blended with the snow came running for her, an intent tigress. For a moment she stared stupidly, lungs constricted and breath gone in a gossamer cloud that warmed her cocoa kissers. "Wennie?" she whispered in disbelief, her vocal chords too tight and choked to give the utterance more strength. Her sister's wide grin only made her own lips tremble with emotion, eyes suddenly suspiciously wet. She shoved it away with a fierceness that had seemed to disappear with her time away from Arwen. No, she couldn't let herself go soft, like she'd been with everyone else. She couldn't let her sister see how broken she was.

Annoyance threaded itself into the chords of her sister's words, and Asch laughed softly, eyes forgiving and patient. Too old for her minor years of life. "Well, you've found me," she laughed, moving to embrace her twin in kind, feeling a sense of wrongness to see how they'd both grown, how their easy touches had been changed by their lengthening limbs. "I'm sorry, Wennie. I met a boy, his name is Erebos. We had fun at the Rotunda, and I helped him learn about his magic when he burned me," she stated with ease. Asch had never held herself in high regard, and so the idea of pain and bodily harm had never seemed to be very important. Still, she proudly shifted her burned shoulder as if to draw her sister's gaze. "You know I hate it here, Wennie," she whispered softly, more truthfully than her previous excuses. Partially, she'd stayed away because of their mother, but she need not have that fight once again with Arwen. They would never really agree on that particular topic, and Asch just wanted to stay clasped in her sister's light for a while longer. She didn't want to fight anymore.

@[Arwen]
image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Dark Paradise - by Asch - 01-19-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Dark Paradise - by Arwen - 01-22-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Dark Paradise - by Arwen - 02-20-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Dark Paradise - by Asch - 01-24-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Dark Paradise - by Crowley - 01-26-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: Dark Paradise - by Asch - 01-31-2015, 11:42 PM