the Rift

[JUDGED] SO FRIGHTENING dragons and lightning

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Had the girl known that her hooves were so powerful, she never would have used them, or filled them with all the power her generous haunches held. As it was, the girl was hardly expecting to be too good at her first ever true strike against another being, she was convinced that her hooves would meet nothing but thin air, that she would simply complete her bucking kick and then fall to whatever attack came at her from her opponent. But she didn't feel the seamless flow of her legs arcing up into the air. No, she felt the jarring impact of hoof-against-flesh, and it sent a torrent of horror through her.

Whipping her crown around her right shoulder, she tried to see what damage she had wrought. The gladiator before her seemingly crumpled, and Amaris watched with panic as she struggled to stand and breathe. I've killed her, the girl thought with terrible guilt and shame, wanting to rush forward to help the gladiator who now didn't seem so big and indestructible, but rather frail and breakable.

The girl wasn't given much opportunity to worry however, as in her distraction, the gladiator had proven her multitasking capabilities were sharp. A snake like none she had ever seen before (and yet she could call it nothing other than snake) , crackling over the sands, slithered towards her left side. As she had just been looking to the right, when it struck at her as fast and suddenly and randomly as lightning would strike, her reaction was all grace.

The girl reacted much like a cat does when startled - she leapt into the air, wings unfurled to give her some (but not nearly enough) lift, tail lashing wildly, head tossing. A startled snort left her maw as the thing latched onto her left foreleg, the sensation not dissimilar to that of her own spirit companions' touch - only it had much more inconvenient lingering effects. The sharp jolt lasted only seconds, but in its aftermath Amaris found herself landing upon a leg she could no longer feel.

An ear flicked to the croaking voice of Ampere, an order to stay moving being heard, but not quite enacted. As she went to take a step forward, she could not tell when her left fore touched upon the sandy basin and so nearly fell upon her own face as it remained uselessly bent too round - she had basically tried to take a step onto her knee. Snorts erupted multiple times from her nostrils as frustration and panic built up once more, the girl without realising it calling upon the magic that summoned her spirit companions in her fluster.

As she steadied herself, she trained her eye upon the movements of her gladiator, who was sketching a circle around her. Stay moving, she had said, but Amaris could not no such thing, not yet. So when, seemingly from nowhere, a bright red light and green light appeared, the girl almost cried for the joy and relief she felt. They did not distract her with pleasantries however - they got straight to business.

No fire, the girl pleaded as the dragons whined mentally at her command, but like the loyal companions they had been when alive, they obeyed, and helped their mistress as best they could. As the red screeched a sharp call as near to Ampere's ears as she could get, hovering somewhere to the left of Ampere's head, the green darted in from the other side, and tried to fly directly into the electric blue gaze of the Gladiator.

The raw feeling of a soul clashing into one's body was nigh impossible to describe, but it was not nearly as devastating as the magic Ampere had wrought. With a nod Amaris then pushed herself forward, clumsy as feeling groggily made its pins-and-needlely way back into her foreleg, hoping to catch up with the dark mare (should she still be moving), and place a bite upon her right flank, well behind the wing joint but not out of reach of the feathers the joint held aloft. Teeth designed for ripping flesh were revealed, and again the girl hesitated, not wanting to draw blood - but finally, she resolved, she might have to.

She was too dragon to be entirely equine, but too equine to be entirely dragon. Among one species, she was too soft, among another, too hard. As her teeth reached out for the flesh of her momentary mentor, she abandoned her equine heritage, farewelled it with a savage bite as she became a huntress, a dragon queen. Her companions regathered their bright soul-lights somewhere above them, prepared to return should the girl only ask.

[ 784 words according to MS Word.
2/3 attack
0/1 defence
@[Ampere]
MY REPLIES WILL GET FASTER I SWEAR SORRY D: ]

bg - table
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
SO FRIGHTENING dragons and lightning - by Ampere - 01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: SO FRIGHTENING dragons and lightning - by Amaris - 02-09-2015, 07:36 AM