Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
INK v. PROMETHEUS
By my verdict PROMETHEUS is the winner.
INK - POST 1
[+ 3] Prose:
Ink is thoughtful, taking in the wonder of his surroundings. I feel the veil of mystery surrounding Prometheus, and the hesitancy of shy little Ink.
+ 1: emotion
+ 1: flow
+ 1: grammar
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
Easy to read, and I never got lost or confused in your post.
[+ 2] Realism:
+ 1: Ink is very hesistant and doubtful of himself, true to his character.
+ 1: You mention the drag of his inky tail as he walks in the snow, and are mindful of the environment throughout the post.
+ 1: I love that Ink is trying to make friends and prove his worth through drawing.
- 1: I think even with the snow and Prometheus standing downwind there should be some hint that he is an undead colt. Decaying flesh has a pretty strong smell, and horses have an exceedingly good sense of it.

PROMETHEUS - POST 1
[+ 3] Prose:
Prometheus is a very negative mind, I have found. Unlike Ink, whose post is full of doubtful optimism, his wreaks of pessimism and unhappiness. What else can be expected of a zombie? Prometheus is almost cruel in his intent to shatter Ink's hopes, but I feel like it comes from a good place, making him almost not a menacing creature, despite the face value of his actions.
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
Though Prometheus is always written in sort of an odd way, I never had trouble understanding what he is doing in this post. Seems strange to read him without the accompaniment of Pyr now.
[+ 3] Realism:
+ 1: Most importantly, Prometheus does not respond in an aggressive manner, but holds back, which is very much within his personality.
+ 1: Mention of how Ink's ink reminds him of the spoiled blood that he is used to seeing in himself - sort of an indirect comparison.
+ 1: Using his magic to shatter Ink's vision of life in such a positive manner. Ink does not really consider death, but seeing a zombie will likely make him remember.

INK - POST 2
[+ 3] Prose:
All I can say about this post is that it is genius from start to finish. I love the parallel you take between Ink's drawings and what is happening within his own mind on the arrival of Prometheus, and the language and chaotic feeling is beautiful.
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
There is a lot of this post that you have to reread to catch, but I would not say it's particularly difficult to read. There are just layers that need to be uncovered.
[+ 4] Realism:
+ 1: Here you clearly get the feel of just how dead Prometheus is in the eyes of Ink, with the smell and generally terrifying appearance.
+ 2: As I mentioned, the parallel between this drawn universe and the thoughts of life and death is brilliant.
+ 1: Ink's flight response at first is typical and realistic, but he also fights off his demons to head back.

PROMETHEUS - POST 2
[+ 3] Prose:
Prometheus has gone from intimidating to almost a reluctant instructor of Ink in this post. It surprised me, at first, but ultimately it fits the situation perfectly. Overall, both Prometheus and Ink and thinkers, so this entire thread has really been a lot of introspection, but I feel that Prometheus projects that introspection better on Ink than vice versa.
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
I understood what Prometheus was trying to do during this entire post.
[+ 4] Realism:
+ 1: Realizing that Ink is mute only after his failed attempt to scream.
+ 1: Relating Ink back to his previous life, making his past relavent to the situation.
+ 1: I think your use of magic to instruct Ink, without using words, is very creative. I feel that Prometheus is communicating with Ink in his terms purposefully.
+ 1: Mention of Ink's drawings and how they influence his actions, which are still creepy.

INK - CLOSING DEFENSE
[+ 1] Realism:
+ 1: Repulsion to touch Prometheus, and also the response of surprise when he sees the full form.
0: The response to Prometheus's magic isn't very well explained, but it's not really farfetched or convoluted either, so I didn't take off.

------------------------------------
BONUS
[- 1]INK:
- 2: Editing your post after your opponent had posted.
+ 1: Parallel structure is something you see very rarely in a roleplay setting, and I honestly can't stress enough how much I enjoyed it.
[+ 1] PROMETHEUS:
+ 1: Prometheus the teacher was a really interesting take on his magic that I did not expect.

------------------------------------
TOTALS
INK: 26
PROMETHEUS: 28

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROUND ONE: Prometheus v. Ink - by Ink - 09-11-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Prometheus v. Ink - by Prometheus - 09-13-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Prometheus v. Ink - by Ink - 09-15-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: ROUND ONE: Prometheus v. Ink - by Prometheus - 09-15-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Prometheus v. Ink - by Ink - 09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Prometheus v. Ink - by Official - 09-24-2012, 05:29 PM