Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

"I told you I sucked."

"I don't care."

“Told you flat out I was wrong for you.”

"That's my decision to make."

“But your stubborn ass won't listen. Fine. Fine. Love me if you’re hell-bent on it. And I’ll do it back as best I can.”

That's all I wanted more than anything else in the world. I wanted you to let me love you. To stop trying to push me away whenever I got close and for you to love me in return. But even if you vehemently denied me, told me not to love you, pushed and pushed me away I would still love you. I stood still as stone through our exchange even though ever fiber of my being wanted me to close the sliver of distance that you had kept between us and touch you. I had spent so long without you that now that you were finally within my grasp I wanted to hold onto you and not let go. I knew in my heart, though, that you would slip away from me again and I would be left waiting, but I would wait however long it took to see you again.

"Why ain’t you been happy, Ji?”

"Its ..." I wanted to say it wasn't important right at that moment, but I knew better. You would get upset and push until I gave you an answer. I didn't want to fight with you, not right then. "Its been since the ... the wraith thing, when I was turned." I ammended. "I remember everything that happened. I was so mean to my dad, to Gaucho, to you. I attacked and turned others into monsters and there was nothing that I could do to stop it from happening." I shook my head, not wanting the images and voices that I remembered to come swimming back to the surface and assault me again. "I've been useless in my herd. I have no purpose there, no reason other than Cera helping me raise Ryuu." I knew you would question Ryuu and so I immediately jumped into an explanation of him. "I found him abandoned on the beach so I took him in. There's something wrong with his hooves and I can't do anything to make the pain better, nothing I try works and the healers can't seem to fix it either." I sighed and closed my eyes.

"And Toto." I whispered. "I watched it ... I saw everything." I hadn't done anything besides stand there and watch. I kept Ryuu out of the fray, listened to my mother's screams, watched Gaucho put his head on the chopping block, watched my dad just stare. "And I've missed you." I murmured. "Where have you been? What have you been doing?" I wanted so desperately to turn our talk away from what had been making me sad. I wanted to move past it for a short time and just be happy with being able to spend time with you, even if it was brief.

"."
@[Roskuld]

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 01-22-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Ranjiri - 01-25-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 01-26-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Ranjiri - 02-19-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 02-23-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Ranjiri - 03-06-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: I'm Sorry, Miss Jackson - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 12:42 PM