the Rift

[PRIVATE] I can hear your heart
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
Doubt comes in on sticks but then he kicks like a horse.

It had been Mara who spotted the egg, which was surprising given that it was one of the few things Gaucho could actually see on his own. It had been caught against a rock in the Endless Blue - nearly pulled out to see by the current. Had he not spotted (or more precisely, had Mara) not spotted Oxy below causing the dun to land, he wouldn't have seen it at all. Wouldn't have tucked it under his wing for warmth and safe keeping. It had occurred to him afterwards that perhaps the egg belonged to some sea creature, and that in fact it wasn't in danger. However Mara pointed out that if it breathed air it shouldn't hatch directly in the water. And if it didn't, then it would have perished anyways. For some reason intuitively it seemed better to Gaucho to pull it back rather than throw it into the water, even if neither option was in fact better.

Still, when the egg became more active, Gaucho had retreated to the Oasis. He figured if the thing inside did breathe water, at least he would be able to throw it inside of their inland lake in time to prevent suffocation.

He could hear a tapping from inside the egg, as if something was trying to force its way through, but the dun did not help. Instead, he watched whatever it was inside struggle to get out. Eggs were natures way of mercifully killing those too weak to survive early. If this creature couldn't even escape the confines of its egg by itself, how would it survive the world?

Tenderly, Gaucho watched. Mara had slithered down his leg, and had used her body to dig the egg into the sands a bit so that it wouldn't roll around so much. She recalled breaking out of an egg once herself. Hissing softly, reassuringly, she waited as well. The snake was unable to reconcile the feelings within herself. If this creature was like her - a snake - could she help it survive? Would it bond to Gaucho for survival as she had done? Was she jealous ? It was strange to think of, for she had never had to share Gaucho before.

For @[Ampere]. Egg hatching!

"their speech goes here and this is the color

Image Credits -- Table style by Tamme!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-02-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-09-2015, 01:14 AM