the Rift

[PRIVATE] I can hear your heart

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

She caught the look he offered her and it seemed, different, in a way she couldn't place, but that was there nonetheless. In a different situation she might have chiseled away at that strangeness in her Gaucho, but for now the egg captivated them both, if for different reasons.

His voice reached out, impatient, though not cruel; focused. All the same Ampere bristled at it, feathers fluffing around her stiffly. His tone did not grate her so much as the words themselves, each pressing against her hide like a hot brand that caused her to jerk forward. She wasn't sure what she was doing, she wasn't thinking clearly, but what she knew in the very depths of her being was that she couldn't just sit by and let this happen. Observing Destry was one thing, but Gaucho, Gaucho, he was another - and this was his second. She wasn't even sure it was possible, but all the more reason to intervene, to save his soul and its.

"Gaucho NO!" Ampere called out, desperate as her hooves moved like lead across the sands, too slow to reach him before the egg split with a bright, blossoming glow. Ampere's heart leapt into her throat in the same instant her right shoulder kicked out to jab into Gaucho's left, hopefully shoving him aside. She nearly trampled the chick as she did so, and she knew then, she was too late. That rationale was drowned beneath the onrush of emotions that poured through her though. Anger, Grief, Hurt, Love... each wave was a tumultuous tide of feelings and Ampere was swept away by them.

"HOW COULD YOU!?" she screamed, tail whipping up a hurricane on her flanks, feathers streaming like dark rain at her sides. Her mane swirled in a dark storm against her taut nape, head held high, legs splayed for balance, as though ready to vomit up her ocean of outrage. "WHY, GAUCHO," she yelled, she begged. Pain was a bold blaze in her eyes, their blue so alive with electricity it sparked in the ground at her feet, in the space that existed between them. "Why did you bond!" quieter now, sadder now, adrift. Her flanks were heaving, nostrils flaring, as she poured herself into the sands, exasperated. "They would have survived alone..." she trailed off, straightening, sobering, sinking.

Unbeknownst to her another magic had slipped free in her hysteria, its cold, invisible hand like a clamp upon the chords that linked the souls of those bonded. Alone, it's precisely how their connection would feel, for the time being.

[Up to you how long you want the bond silencing to last. Since she didn't do it intentionally/it's her first time, I'm figuring shorter than normal?]

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

@[Gaucho]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-02-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-09-2015, 01:14 AM