the Rift

[PRIVATE] I can hear your heart
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
Doubt comes in on sticks but then he kicks like a horse.

Al true his stick? Gaucho didn't understand. Who was Al, and what was his true stick?

In the roar of silence between each of her punctuated syllables the dun wanted to scream back that YES. THAT WAS PRECISELY WHY. It was what motivated Gaucho always - what stayed his hooves and fire when many spoke against his promotion so many season ago. Why he had allowed and continued to protect those who would see him dethroned and cast out as an ignorant savage. He was here to protect those who couldn't protect them selves, and yes an isolated egg on the beach which was about to be smashed by his BFF's extraordinarily large ass seemed to fit the bill. That it would bond to him was never something he chose, never something you just sign up for. It had just been something that had happened.

"MIGHT." He snapped back, unfocused. He couldn't' answer Ampere's demands for justification at the best of times, but as his connection to Mara began to flicker and dissipate, his ability to articulate the flaws in her logic disappeared as well. "AND YES TO PROTECT. THAT WHAT GAUCHO -"

And then she was falling - he could hear her body moving the sand even if he could no longer see her. In the back of his mind he heard Mara still hissing and distantly knew what had happened.

His mind tried to focus on the fact that Ampere could be dying at the hands of his companion, but found he could not. Her words echoed again and again in his mind, drowning out any other coherent thought.

Our fucking son...

Our son.

The thought inflated his mind, infiltrating his senses and drowning him in this new sea of blackness. He had wanted the deformed child to be his, but Ampere had denied his paternity. Or at least, had denied the certainty of it. That she had been with someone else would have been easily smoothed over in his mind if only the one-winged babe had been his, as if his successful sperm somehow solidified that what had occurred between he and the Blue had been real. If the child wasn't his, then there was nothing to tie them together. Nothing to remind them of the culmination of seasons worth of searching, of lingering gazes and stolen touches.

He hadn't noticed it, but Mara's mind was slowly returning to his. Without being asked she projected the image of Ampere's crumpled form, accompanied by a rather proud stream of thoughts. SSSSSSSSSSSSHE DO THISSSSSSSSSSS. Mara's voice still seemed far away, like a dull whisper in his mind. "How?" He asked aloud, though received no answer from his companion who merely hovered around his hooves.

Oblivious to all of this, the small pheonix chick bounced happily towards Ampere. Its sight was still spotty, but having her on the ground made things much easier to focus on. CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEP? It asked boldly, its pitifully small body barely the size of her hoof.

Protectively, although of whom was an open question, Gaucho moved towards Ampere. With the aid of Mara's eyes again he could easily place her in the sands, and was careful not to step on any part of her - or the pheonix chick. His flaming wings spread slightly from his sides to block the suns light from her body, assuming that shade would likely be the only comfort he could provide her now.

"Letting die is just as bad as killing." He offered stiffly, tail flicking against his hocks.

Grinding his teeth slightly, he looked at her expectantly. He knew she wouldn't allow him to help her up, and so he didn't offer, yet the concern was clear upon his handsome features even though he offered no apology for what his companion had done.

Image Credits -- Table style by Tamme!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 01-25-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-02-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-02-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-08-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-08-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Ampere - 02-09-2015, 12:46 AM
RE: I can hear your heart - by Gaucho - 02-09-2015, 01:14 AM