Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
RICOCHET v. DEIMOS
By my verdict TIE is the winner.
RICOCHET - POST 1
[+ 3] Prose:
Ricochet is present as always in this post, and his emotions are well controlled and understood. He is comical and at the same time deadly serious, which is ultimately enjoyable for the reader. This post was never disjointed, and aside from minor typos, you had made no noticeable errors in grammar.
+ 1: emotion
+ 1: flow
+ 1: grammar
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
I never was confused as to what Ricochet was doing, how he was doing it, or why.
[+ 4] Realism:
+ 1: Use of his magic is sort of a surprise in this post, as Deimos would not be expecting it.
+ 1: Very realistic description of movement and the impact of sudden halt has on his body.
+ 1: You kept in mind the spatial confinements in your post. You were aware of the edge, minded it, and included it in your post.
+ 1: Good description of how his magic is working, along with the wave of gunpowder Ricochet tosses into the air with his stop.

DEIMOS - POST 1
[+ 3] Prose:
It's hard to classify Deimos as having emotion because for the most part, he does not. However, you use more than enough colorful and interesting language to make up for your character's stoic personality. You never escape the realms of who Deimos is, and your post is very well organized in terms of flow and grammar.
[+ 1] Ease of Read:
The first time I read through this post, I was a little confused about the edge of the Heart crumbling. It is written beautifully, but I feel like your description got overly crowded which took away from how easily I could determine the actual action. However, I had little to no trouble comprehending this post.
[+ 3] Realism:
+ 1: Using magic to crumble the edge where Ricochet is standing was clever, and indirect sort of way of using Deimos's ability.
+ 1: Analyzing the movements of your opponent and using them to your benefit.
+ 1: Describing the damage dealt from Ricochet's magic was done well.
0: I did not get the continuous picture that I would have liked from his magic due to the heavy use of adjectives and figurative language. While these are good attributes to writing, in high quantities the reader can get bogged down, which is what happened to me during your post.

RICOCHET - POST 2
[+ 3] Prose:
The sense of urgency in this post is wonderful, and fits true to what should occur when the earth is being stolen from beneath you. Ricochet still manages to make me laugh, just because his inner thought processes are quite comical even in dire situations like this. As usual, you have good flow and grammar skills.
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
I was always aware of what Ricochet was doing, and never got lost in your post.
[+ 3] Realism:
0: I thought it was odd that you didn't have Ricochet respond to the injury that he had dealt Deimos in this post, but I can kind of understand why you wanted to delve straight into the ground falling to make it more dramatic, I ultimately did not take off for it.
+ 1: You accurately and thoroughly explain the injuries that Ricochet sustains. You keep them present and in mind during your whole post.
+ 1: Shift over from arrogance to caution after his slip and nearly falling into a fire pit.
+ 1: Planning to detonate the earth to make Deimos fall into the Heart.
0: I would have like to see more a description of what his magic is doing. I see that he changes the dirt and explodes it, but I feel like you could have stressed this part more.

DEIMOS - POST 2
[+ 3] Prose:
Your writing is very beautiful in this post, and not surprisingly it flows well and does not have any grammatical errors that pop out and slap me in the face. Deimos is very cool and collected in this post, but we do see a crack in his calm behavior in the moment that the earth starts to crumble away. I do think it could have had a more urgent feeling, but overall I was surprised with how much Deimos responded to it as it was.
[+ 2] Ease of Read:
I had a much easier time understanding what was going on in this post, despite the fact that his magic was more abstract than it was in the last use.
[+ 4] Realism:
+ 1: Injuries are kept present in mind and mentioned in your post.
+ 1: Deimos quickly regains his composure, true to his character.
+ 2: Your description of his abstract magical wall of death was written so well. I actually loved it. A lot.

RICOCHET - CLOSING DEFENSE
[+ 2] Realism:
+ 1: You carry Ricochet's injuries well in this post. Really well. I get a sense of what toll this battle has taken upon him, and that is really what closing defenses are about, after the response to the last attacks.
+ 1: Your reaction to Deimos's magic is powerful, well written, and clear.

------------------------------------
BONUS
[- 1]RICOCHET:
- 2: Late penalty for closing defense.
+ 1: You made me laugh at every single post, with just Ricochet being Ricochet.
[+ 2] DEIMOS:
+ 2: I thought it was immensely creative to use Deimos's magic in such a way as to crumbe the earth. I never would have thought that it could be used in such a way.

------------------------------------
TOTALS
RICOCHET: 28
DEIMOS 28

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos - by Ricochet - 09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos - by Deimos - 09-15-2012, 03:21 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos - by Ricochet - 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos - by Deimos - 09-19-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos - by Ricochet - 09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos >> TIE - by Official - 09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: ROUND ONE: Ricochet v. Deimos - by Lena - 09-24-2012, 04:34 PM