the Rift

What have I gotten into? (Open)

Angelique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

As each step was taken, I couldn't help but feel that maybe I should just turn around. However my appendages didn't seem to agree with my mind. They continued to drag my body for ward, despite the sickening fear that was beginning to well up into my throat. Causing my stomach to churn. The further I seemed to venture into the thick forest, the darker it seemed to grow, or maybe it was just my eyes playing foolish tricks on me? Shadows cast across the lands, due to the massive tree's that littered the forest. I couldn't seem to help but feel as if beady little eyes were watching me. Taking in my every move. I could feel my skin crawl, a shudder causing my petite canvas to tremble. My mind racing, as it usually does.. What if there were living entities watching me, taking in my every step, waiting for the opportunity to tear into my delicate flesh? It wouldn't be to hard to accomplish, really.. I was far from a fighter, and lacked the courage that so many others seemed to possess.... Wait what was that?! The sound of a twig snapping caused my body to jump, cranium whipping to look behind me, legs ceasing their motion.. There was nothing.. Light brown orbs scanned the shadows fearfully... However I still spotted nothing. Of course, I didn't think to look to the ground, it was me that snapped that there twig.

Maybe it was time for me to leave... Yes that sounded like a great idea! But wait, there was just one problem... With all the twists and turns, I had not a clue how to get the hell out of here! I could feel my heart pounding against my chest, the bugger felt as though it were going to rip clear from me and take off... At this point, I probably resembled a deer captured in the head lights of a vehicle. Optics wide open as I searched here and there, but nothing seemed familiar.. What have I gotten myself into?! Leave it to me to get completely lost, in a land of the dead or so I'm assuming... Lets face it, it didn't feel very welcoming here so I could only assume that it was the ghosts of the fallen that graced this land in particular. Or was my mind once more playing foolish tricks on me? Or maybe it was just the fact that this place seemed so... well... dead... Sure it was vibrant and green but it still felt.. just.. empty.. Even the sweet perfumes and the musky aroma's were very faint in the air, as if no one was here in quite some time.

And yet... here I stood... Alone, and rather frightened at that.

Tags:Open
Ooc: Not to good at starting posts >.<

Angelique
You can never cross the ocean, until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

ADD SOME IMAGE CREDITS HERE, PLEASE

Messages In This Thread
What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-25-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-26-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-27-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 01-27-2015, 07:45 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 01-30-2015, 01:17 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Angelique - 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: What have I gotten into? (Open) - by Africa - 02-18-2015, 06:00 AM