the Rift

[PRIVATE] there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

A thorn had wound itself tight into the skin of the king's consciousness, digging deep and aching despite the minute size of it. With every mighty step and swell of his lungs it stung, a reminder of the jibe that had placed it there to ferment and percolate like a bubbling pot beneath his hide. An errant remark, surely, but one that festered like a wound, until even the steadfast king could not remedy it. It was a quick descent into frustration, one that did not last more than a few moments past the absence of the Falls diplomats. With an animalistic grunt the mighty beast swung his head and flared his wings, the only real display of the waning borders containing his temper. Turning, he lifted his gaze to those who had accompanied him at the borders. He could not fail them, leave them without pride and accomplishment in their breasts, lest they not return the favor once more in the future.

"You've both done well. We have shown that we are strong even our neutrality, with your numbers and eloquent words. Carry your pride with you, but do not let it fester. There is still much to do. You have our thanks." Momentarily, he spoke for Kahlua. Though the two were hardly on speaking terms, considering their rather confusing history, they had to continuously appear as a solid unit when facing their people. Otherwise they would not be trusted. As they started drifting, clearly intending to return to their posts, Kaj turned and pinned Archibald silently with his gaze. The Captain was one of few words, and Kaj trusted he would understand the wordless request.

"Walk with me, please," he rumbled in his voice like storms and earthquakes. Turning, he cast himself along the side of the glass wall, hoping Archibald would heed his request. Kaj only uttered true commands when in the heat of battle, or when the situation was dire enough to require them. He did not like to consider his Captains nor his Protectors as pawns on a board, mindless drones to input orders into. So thought some regarded him as odd for it, Kaj always requested things pleasantly.

"I ask you speak frankly with me, Dauntless. Do you think I am an unfit ruler of these lands?" His words were curt, betraying no emotion. A few lengthy moments punctuated the serious question, but then he turned and gave a dark, bitter grin. "It seems others do not appreciate the trust I put in you and your words. I have a few rather...unsavory remarks for that woman," he confessed. Kaj doubted Archibald would reveal such information freely, he simply did not feel that vibe from the massive warrior. The only one who bested Kaj in height, in the Edge. Ghost's remark had infuriated him, but he dare not reveal that when an errant comment such as that could be overlooked in favor of the treaty being constructed. Still, he was rather furious. Did she not trust her underlings to have experiences that she did not? Kaj prayed he would never become that type of ruler.

@[Archibald]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout - by Kaj - 01-24-2015, 07:15 PM