the Rift

[PRIVATE] there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Whatever had changed between them was both prominent and subtle, for to any outsider watching them it would only be apparent that they had engaged in a quick touch that had brought Kaj back to earth. Yet the veritable explanation was that it was something far deeper and important that had changed, an exchange of threads inherent to their own souls that had been intertwined and shared. A brotherhood struck, a companionship achieved, that only they were privy to. And though they turned in tandem and began striding down parallel to the shattered wall, seeming to move past their brief interlude, something big had changed in that moment that Kaj proudly carried with them through their comfortable strides.

Flickering eyes were not restrained solely to Archibald, Kaj finding it slightly amusing that they were both still ever interested in work. Did either of them truly rest? Or was that another similarity between the two mountainous beasts? Words pulled him from his mind, and he grunted softly in assent, not finding verbal agreement to be required. After all the talking he'd done, it wasn't something he was truly interested in otherwise. Though it was an interesting thing to dwell upon, what Archibald had brought to his attention. Perhaps he could use those storms to his advantage, learn to harness them and bring further power in their maelstroms.

From his left, he briefly tensed at the racket Loretta made, his mind stuck in patrol mode wondering if some indiscernible evil had somehow managed to cross the borders. When the hound revealed herself, he smiled wryly at her bloodied chops and dismissed her in his mind, allowing her and Archibald to reunite in peace. It was not his place, after all, and he did not properly understand companions enough to feel comfortable intruding.

Business came to the forefront as soon as the silence ebbed away from Loretta's entrance, and Kaj hummed softly in his throat as he gathered his thoughts. "Yes, I was very disappointed to have that happen. I had expected better of Cheveyo...I had thought there was more to keep her here..." if Archibald were to listen closely he could perhaps hear the misplaced bitterness, the sorrow that tangled itself into the attempted impartial stance Kaj had desired to hold. His feelings for Cheveyo had been tentative, new, but it hurt all the same. He had begun to give up on love, but he supposed it was for the better. It would give him more time to focus upon his herd, the future of it.

"I cannot force members into desiring the title, but I wish there were more who were interested in becoming warriors. Those who are not are still encouraged to train, but I cannot do anything else." Perhaps he could make it mandatory, as he did the warriors, but with fewer spars per season? Alysanne and Resplendence had both shown interest, at least, and he was proud of them for such. He nodded as Archibald continued. "I agree. Ktulu is a competent fighter, and she deserves the position. I will speak to Kahlua about it being done." He would not promote her without Kahlua's acceptance, but it was something he would press upon her in its importance. And in the back of his mind, he considered yet another, yet held his tongue until he had Kahlua's answer on that topic as well. "I don't know how else to support our ranks. I do not fear invasion as much as I used to, with the bonds we hold with the other herds, but it is still always a possibility." With what Archibald had shared of his past, he suspected the brute would feel the same.

@[Archibald]

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: there's something beautiful and tragic in the fallout - by Kaj - 01-25-2015, 10:35 PM