the Rift

between the raindrops

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She moves through the trees to try and find a way of being useful again. After all, she wasn't sure how exactly to find that way, but she was going to sure as hell try. Valiance was taking to the skies, patrolling from a distance as the young mare shuffled her own limbs farther and farther into the threshold.

Alas, the scene that unfolded before her eyes was given little warning from Valiance. Simply "Big cat," was explained and when she actually laid eyes on it, she stared blankly at the white lion that was scratching his claws against some kind of bone… a femur she could assume from the distance she was away with. And then, there was a child - without a mother. Dear lord what had happened to the world that gave mothers the idea to leave their children alone in a place like this. It was not safe. It never would be safe. It was not intelligent. Gritting her teeth in anger at the fact that this child was left alone, obviously not the white horned mare's in front of her, she stepped forward. That was, until she reached a clear view of the entire scene before her. "Nyx?" she breathed, eyes widened as she recalled the form of the unicorn just before the wraiths had taken over. A member of the Edge she had been unable to protect. "You're alive…" quiet words as she inched in closer and closer - maw reaching out to the mare, to press against shoulder skin if she would be allowed, to prove to herself that this mare was still alive. To prove to herself that this hadn't been a dream.

Then, as soon as she had reached out (regardless of if she had touched flesh or not) she retracted, "It's me, Resplendence… do you remember…The creatures in the Edge… attacking Alysanne… " She stops, body turning just a little as she coughs and forces herself to stop talking, rambling as Valiance falls down from the sky and takes his place atop her cranium. The mare probably didn't recall. It was probably stupid. Hell, it probably wasn't even Nyx in front of her. She was probably hallucinating.

A deep breath in, and she turns to face the child. "My name is Resplendence, of the World's Edge. What brings someone as young as you out here alone?" she inquires, still raging on the inside that someone could allow a child to do this…

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
between the raindrops - by Nyx - 01-24-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: between the raindrops - by Aakesh - 01-24-2015, 10:49 PM
RE: between the raindrops - by Resplendence - 01-25-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: between the raindrops - by December - 01-25-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: between the raindrops - by Aakesh - 01-28-2015, 03:20 AM
RE: between the raindrops - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: between the raindrops - by December - 02-01-2015, 11:30 AM