the Rift

[OPEN] Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

With a bellyful of Mum's milk and Tempe at my side, I bounded across the grassy plain, laughing as the tall grass tickled my belly. Da had just left after spending the night with us and telling us such wonderful stories of his home and singing to us. It made me wanna know what 'sand' felt like, and heat and sun and oasis.

"When do you think Da will take us to his home? To tha' durgin thrat?" He did say durgin thrat, right? I knew if I was wrong Sis would correct me, she was the smarter one. I press my shoulder to hers, draping my long neck across her shoulders. For a moment I stood there...but it wasn't only for comfort. Playfully I nipped towards her feathers, then took off, tail high in the air and a whinny in my throat.

Like the wind I ran, my long legs somehow curling and uncurling without tangling up in themselves, propelling me across the field, my hooves tearing up grass. Sis may be smarter, but I was stronger! Which kinda made us a good pair.

But I wasn't concerned with that right then. Quick as a whip I turned and planted my feet, then reared up and pawed the air, grinning at her to come play. "C'mon Sis! Bet'cha can't beat me!" I drop back down to all fours and shake my growing antlers at her, before bouncing in place, and then taking off once more, this time at Sis.

With my best war-bellow I charged, but as I seem to be wont to do... I tripped. And ate dirt. It tasted nasty.

Laying on the ground all sprawled out, I wasn't quite sure what had happened. One moment I was running, the next BOOM dirt up my nose. Sheepishly I grin up at Tempe, embarrassment flooding me. Well at least only Sis saw me. "Uh, hi."

@[Tempe] @[Aeolus]

Messages In This Thread
Double, Double, Toil and Trouble - by Breccan - 01-24-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: Double, Double, Toil and Trouble - by Aeolus - 01-25-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Double, Double, Toil and Trouble - by Tempe - 01-29-2015, 12:36 AM