the Rift

[OPEN] Rome

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I'm normally not one for such a showy entrance. Attention usually made me uncomfortable, especially from strangers, but sometimes you had to thrust yourself, how ever inglorious it was, into the things you feared most. I had done my fair share of skulking in the shadows, and though the limelight didn't call me, I wanted to experience it for at least a while, if only to remind me why I preferred to stay out of it. My intentions were not based on drawing their focus to me as much as it was to draw her's specifically, as she had done to me.

The little filly momentarily distracts me though, her question so good I can't help but turn towards her. I have to admit I'm impressed she didn't ask my name, which was everyone's favorite inquiry. Instead she asked about me, the entirety of me, and that was something worth responding to. Ghost answers before I manage to, a frail smile flickering to my lips as I toss her a sidelong glance and a flicked ear. I snorted faintly, dismissive, humorous.

Meanwhile my tail had begun to move around my feet, its bristles like a brush laid down upon the canvas of the world. Expertly the dark water flowed from its tips, seeping out for a moment before finding the direction it needed to become something extraordinary. That was the beauty of art, you took nothing, and you made it into something.
I drew a bird for her, its dark wings lifting it up to soar above her head, a trail of feathers falling from it, shifting into leaves that grew into trees where they landed on the ground. The bird was gone, and instead a horse now moved through the monochromatic, miniature forest. His tail trailed behind him, sweeping up the trees into a black wave that crashed and churned into an ocean that spilled darkness at their feet.

There was no purpose to this particular tale, just a show of his talents, which he finished with bringing his tail back to his side, the artwork wiped out into a dark smudge on the dirt. There, he turned his nose back to Ghost, reaching it out towards her, but stopping short to instead nod slowly, deliberately.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Rome - by Ghost - 01-25-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Rome - by Ink - 01-31-2015, 04:06 PM
RE: Rome - by Talion - 02-06-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: Rome - by Spice - 02-07-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: Rome - by Ghost - 02-14-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Rome - by Ink - 02-15-2015, 05:12 PM