Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
Ktulu the Constrictor
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

"Ktulu. No death can undo what happened. Let her go."

"No..." Ktulu whispered. How could she just let her go? How when she had abused her power and murdered just because she could? How could the other gods just let her walk away to her sanctuary in the Edge? How? "She murded my son." Ktulu stared at the ground before her, vision blurred and watery. "She used us. Played with us. Pretended she was concerned and she was behind everything. And they do nothing." How many dark times had she been behind? The wraiths? The eclipse? What would stop her from doing any of it again? Who would stop her if her own brothers wouldn't?

Was it so wrong to want revenge? Justice? Wouldn't Ophelia want it if it had been her child slaughtered mercilessly? "Why him?" She asked, hoping that Ophelia could give her an answer that made sense. "Why not me?" Parents were supposed to protect their children at all costs and she tried and she failed. She hadn't been close enough to throw herself in front of him and save him as she should have. His father had been closer, though, but he'd done nothing. She perceived it as heartless, careless, loveless and it was something that she would never forgive him for.

He let Hototo die.

Never before had Ktulu felt so utterly defeated. So lost. So broken. Her head dropped and she pressed her cheek against Ophelia's shoulder. The constant contact would keep her from completely shattering, from chasing after the Moon Goddess, and ultimately running headlong into her own death. But what would it matter now if she died? She didn't care anymore. The Gods had used her, taken from her, and she was tired of them. How many others were feeling the same way she was? How long would they continue to worship them and how long would those same gods fail to protect them? What sort of balance did they have when they didn't know what the other was doing? How powerful and divine could they be when they were so blind to the fact that one of their own was murdering in cold blood?

"I can't stay here." The longer she stood in the meadow the more she felt herself coming apart. Her self control was slipping and there was the very real possibility that she would lose complete control of herself and act on the anger and hurt that was ripping her apart.

But... maybe if she attacked them they would put an end to her misery.

"."

@[Ophelia]

Image by ChaoticMelodies

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
it leaves us with nothing but a memory - by Ktulu - 01-25-2015, 08:43 PM