the Rift

[PRIVATE] i feel you glaring, why won't you stop staring?

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali
HISTE</style>
your breathing sounds like the sickest
music playing backwards in my head
</style>

"A child. You need to have a child."

"I hate children." The striped mare grunted distastefully. "They're completely useless." The worst thing about them was that they didn't put up any sort of a fight when she and Merikh hunted them. They screamed and cried for their mothers. They were helpless and disgusting and why should she concern herself with having one?

"To carry on your bloodline, girl."

Dark ears disappeared into the black tangles of her mane. "Shut up!" Histe snapped at her mother's voice. "I don't want one!"

"You might not want one, but you need one."

"Why?"

"I already told you. To carry on your bloodline. You won't live forever and your stupid brother is already dead. Who else?"

A growl slipped past Histe's lips at the 'logic' she was presented with. Maybe there was an ounce of truth to what was said, but it did not make Histe want a child.

"You're not getting any younger."

"Fine!" The brindled mare hissed. "But if its weak I will kill it."

"Then make sure you choose a strong father. If if you really want to attract a stallion clean yourself up. You're disgusting."

"SHUT UP!" All four hooves were planted firmly and the bay mare looked as if she were ready to explode. Slowly, her ears picked back up and there was nothing but silence that greeted her. No birds chirping, no crickets, no voices. Her body was slow to relax but once it did she began to walk slowly toward the rotunda where she had challenged that stupid mare for the glass horn she wore so proudly.

Before that, though, she stepped into the stream and lowered her body into the cool water to wash the dried blood and mud that was crusted onto her coat. As it all washed away, staining the water red, it only revealed the burn marks and scars that littered her striped coat. She wasn't any more appealing than she had been covered in the blood of her victims.

Histe shook the water from her coat and slowly made her way into the rotunda. Her steps echoed and she snorted in distaste. 'Why are you so clean?' Her head turned and she looked to the mountain lion that was dragging a fawn toward her. "I am going to have a child." She replied as if it were the most natural thing for her. Merikh dropped the fawn to the ground and licked the blood from his mouth. "Good luck with that."

"."

@[Einarr]

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
i feel you glaring, why won't you stop staring? - by Histe - 01-25-2015, 10:35 PM