the Rift

[OPEN] Home

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Deodat

Someone was already at the lake. Déodat stopped at the sight of his old friend. Odette yipped and whine with excitement and wagged her tail violently. There was no need for the hound to charge in her usual manner, for Hotaru was heading toward them. She called out his name and he felt a smile perk at the edge of his lips. Then she lunged and instinct took over. He flung himself out of the way, but still felt her head strike against his shoulder. She spluttered out words and he felt that familiar wave of guilt wash over him. He had left and hadn’t returned. There were reasons. There was someone. Someone with deep eyes that bore into him. Someone with an ability to see past the soldier and see the man.

Her emotions took him off guard. There were few he assumed that would get emotional over him. But he wouldn’t flatter himself. For she very well might be weeping for her daughter’s sake. No. their daughter. Time to be a father again and it was a welcome thing. He missed his girls, he missed their laughter and their smiles. Both were his world and the only things that mattered.

“I’m sorry,” he said, his words coming out gentle and soft even. “I had no intentions of worrying you or anyone. How is our daughter? And, do you know how Mirabella might be faring?” All he wished to hear was that they were alive, well, and happy. Little did he know of the misfortune that befell both in his absence. Before further questions could be answered, another came. A creature that he at first guessed was companion, but then, it spoke. For a long moment he looked at the feline.

That magic kitty, Odette said through their bond. We kill it? Déodat glanced at his companion with a single brow quirked. He wouldn’t even bother to answer that one. He turned his gaze to the feline and dipped his head in greeting.

“Who are you?” The question didn’t came out skeptical and flat. Why the hell did a feline lurk in the lands in the land of unicorns? Ah, she was better than other filth that roamed thie earth. For the moment though he would return to answering Hotaru’s questions.

“I was far north. I am sure Arya told you of the group that attacked us. They turned out to be slavers. Odette and I managed to kill two, but they eventually overtook me. She got away and followed the group after they dragged me far. Eventually, a small band of unicorns would find me and pull me out from the snow. That same band nursed me back to health.” He stopped and allowed it all to sink in. That was in truth the short version of it all. There would be no details of his raid upon the pegasi that seized his former home. There would be above all else, no talk of her for the sake of his beloved daughters.

"talk talk talk"

Coding by Tamme for selkie | Image by Dry-Oasis@dA
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Home - by Déodat - 01-26-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: Home - by Hotaru - 01-26-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Home - by Saffron - 01-30-2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Home - by Déodat - 02-05-2015, 04:04 AM
RE: Home - by Hotaru - 02-22-2015, 09:00 PM