the Rift

[PRIVATE] to higher places

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The king held the healer tightly for some time, eyes still pressed closed as he listened to her breathing. She calmed and he could feel the tension roll off of her muscles and, finally, she released him. Archibald took a step back, turning his head to look at the red dragon as he embraced his massive frame in a quiet but quite audible thank you. Archibald nodded to the dragon and Loretta moved in, pressing her shoulder against Archibald's right foreleg. Very odd. It wasn't a hold of submission that calmed her, but of some sort of...protection. Loretta spoke her mind clearly over their bond, but Archibald stayed silent. Whatever had transpired just now was new to the beast, but he was confident in the fact that he had to do it. He was her king now, and she was his to protect and to serve, and the Dauntless would do whatever was necessary to protect his herd.

Her question ran through his ears and Archibald stood with his lips pursed, silent, for quite some time. His past...his history...everything that created him as the being he was today was a dark dance with just glimpses of sunlight through the stormclouds. How could he tell such a damned tale and expect this mare to still find trust and confidence in him afterwards? Evangeline, a woman who had hated his mother always but held Archibald in a place of esteem, poisoned her hatred on him, too, when he spoke of his past to her, gave her the truth. Archibald's face hardened back to his normal, stoic state, as his mind mulled over ways to make his story something that would not break the delicate beginnings of a bond of trust that was beginning to form between him and the claybank mare.

Stepping forward and to the side, Archibald walked past Resplendence and into a dryer area, Loretta following in his hoof steps, until, finally, the titan lowered his impressively towering frame to lay at the base of a tree. He rested his shoulder against one large, protruding root, and Loretta sat at his hip. Keep an eye and ear out. I need to be alerted of any danger. Loretta nodded at the command, her amber eyes resting on his golden eyes for just a moment, warm and trusting. He looked to Resplendence, but did not wait for her to some to lay or stand near him before he began weaving his tale of darkness, triumph, heartbreak, healing, light, and truth.

"I have lived in Helovia for many years. I came from a land called Isilme where I served as a warrior as far back as I can remember. Isilme was destroyed and run rampant by shades, not unlike the wraiths that plagued us not long ago, and I fought to protect my herd and my family as they fled. Finally, I ended in the Threshold of Helovia with my brother, Evers. We went to the Windtossed foothills and I served as a warrior for many, many seasons. After my time of warrior service I rose to the rank of General. Ricochet, a evil, racist stallion was leading the Windtossed Foothills as the equine member of the three species Triumvirate leadership that Paladin the Valiant had established. Ricochet tried to hurt my dear friend Ophelia and I ran him out of Helovia. I came back to the Foothills and was placed as Chief in Ricochet's demise." What would she think of his first usurp? In truth it had been to rid the herd he cared for and would die for of evil, but would she see that? "I was a man dedicated to duty and my loyalty did not falter from my mother. When she commanded, I acted, even when that meant death upon someone's door. I was challenged for my leadership and I was defeated. I found The Grey, led my Ktulu and Ophelia, as you know, and I joined them as their second in military command. We stormed the Foothills after their leader--the one who had challenged me--disappeared in his cowardice and fools gold. He was but a boy, and his dragon was the true victor in his challenge against me. We overtook the Foothills, but did not force anyone to leave their home. The Grey kept the ranks open to those that fought to protect where they lived. Many stayed with us. After we aligned with the Basin and invaded the World's Edge, however, I left The Grey with my mate, Circe, and spent several long seasons in the wilds with her at my side. We birthed two sons, twins, which were finally the light. We lost our first child, a filly, but a year before...as an atonement for my sin. When I was still in the Grey, when Circe was pregnant with my daughter my brothers and I banded together to squelch my mother's raging, evil hand on us. We gave her her death. There is ancient blood in my feathers, on my hooves, and I can never repent for that. But I am no longer driven by an evil hand. I am my own master."

"But now Circe is dead. She is gone and it was the Moon Bitch that killed her." Archibald's voice turned to ice and he turned his eyes to look out on the water's surface. "And my daughter, too young and too weak, stays in the Dragon's Throat with her brothers as protectors. Soon, however, she will be at my side." And I will never fail her.

@[Resplendence]

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS               

Call out to nobody, call out to me
Chip on the shoulder, the dime in the teeth

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
to higher places - by Archibald - 01-26-2015, 01:56 AM