the Rift

[OPEN] think about the good times

Breccan Posts: 16
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 || Birdsong
Tribs
B R E C C A N

When there's no impact, I slowly open my eyes, blinking. The foal(filly) got out of the way quick enough, and I felt a breath of relief escape me... Before my entire body practically turns red in embarrassment.

And of course, the filly is pretty. Like, really pretty. Also my luck, another foal comes bumbling into the clearing just in time to witness my graceful stop. Muttering apologies to the filly, I scramble to my feet and back up, although my gaze grows curious when I see the smoke that slips past her lips with each breath she takes.

She can make smoke too? And she's horned! ...But not with antlers. Nah, her horn's different... but she has horns and wings like me. So of course I like her instantly, and wanna show her my smoke too, but the other foal interrupts and turns my attention away towards him.

And it's the colt from the story-telling, the one that had the brilliant(can you see my sarcasm? I learned it from Ma!) idea to be like the Raven and get all these things from the Gods and probably become all plain like him too. I had my smoke, my horns and wings.

What more could i ask for?

"Yeh, I'm fine." I answer them both, although my gaze lingers on the other colt. Couldn't say the same for him though; where was his other wing? Did it fall off? I don't think I noticed that before, or if I did I forgot it...

Idiot probably went and copied the Raven.

But something the filly said catches my attention, and I looked at her in surprise. Dancing? Da tried to get Tempe and I to dance once... It left me and her in a tangle of limbs and feathers and it had been fun!

But then she accuses us of wanting to steal her away, and I quickly step back, eyes widening. Steal her? Why? "No no! M'name is Breccan, I was just wandering around trying to find something for my Sis." Tell the truth. Da always told us that, to the point where it got downright annoying. But if I was gonna be a knight, a hero like in Da's stories, telling the truth was a good way to start.

"What's your name? And how come you can smoke too?" I ask her, still mystified by her puffy breath. Why did her smoke seem to come so much easier, with each breath? Mine took a bit to make, and I was careful to do it away from Tempe just in case it was another thing we were different in. Yet this filly did her magic so effortlessly... it made a weird feeling in my chest kind of like when this weird bug bit my ankle and it burned.

@[Auriel] Yes please <3

Messages In This Thread
think about the good times - by Auriel - 01-26-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: think about the good times - by Breccan - 01-28-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: think about the good times - by Zèklè - 01-29-2015, 02:38 AM
RE: think about the good times - by Auriel - 01-29-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: think about the good times - by Breccan - 01-30-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: think about the good times - by Zèklè - 02-08-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: think about the good times - by Auriel - 02-09-2015, 02:47 PM