the Rift

[OPEN] they've got the cages, they've got the boxes. [sensory deprivation]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

MIDAS
THE POISONED YOUTH
The cells weren't meant to be beautiful. Their intention was for a time of necessity, one I prayed would never come to pass. (Even though such thinking is naive.) There would be water if Earth willed it. Perhaps I'd have abandoned the task months ago. We already had two completed cells...But, tis also something that Seele had wanted to see finished. I'd assure that her wishes for this land are satisfied down to the last miniscule detail.

Even if it meant doing the work myself.

When Elsa came to our worksite, I'd been hoisting boulders to the far side of the mountain, our temporary scrapyard. After dropping the load I slowly returned, arriving in time to see the pale mother working on that final room. A thankful smile glides to my face; she had impeccable timing, "Yar, good to see ye." Crown jerkingly dips to my right leg, with a quick dash against the fleshy muscle I cleared some itchy sweat from my brow. "I almost miss the chill of Frostfall," tone is mild with a touch of humor, "This is hot work," my grin rose a touch higher. Despite discomfort, this flesh enjoyed hard labor. Tis good for the mind also, it had a calming effect.

Gilden gaze drifted with masked expression to the adjacent rooms, they lay empty of course -- though I knew a familiar scent lingered upon yon threshold. Africa was obviously elsewhere. Keeping distraction at bay...as though such were possible when a mind kept pondering ideals best left for dreams.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: they've got the cages, they've got the boxes. [sensory deprivation] - by Midas - 01-28-2015, 12:33 PM