Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

you're my sunshine
and i want you to know
that my feelings are true
i really love you

Any other time, Nayati would have felt nothing but grief and guilt for overlooking the pain in her mother's eyes. Yet love did strange things to mellow hearts, and she was blind to the sadness her mother faced at the prospect of losing her daughter to the wonders of aging and womanhood. Instead, she embraces wholeheartedly the wide variety of emotions that she is experiencing, swept up in the tidal wave of young love and finding the strength that she'd never believed herself to have, buried deep beneath her scars and the pain of her past.

Though her ears flickered in quiet shame, recalling her reasoning behind wading in the freezing water in the first place, it was not enough to give her pause nor dim or dampen her mood. Perhaps later, if she were ever inclined to step down from her euphoric perch and fall back into the shallows of despair. Nayati desperately hoped that would not be the case. She was simply so tired of aching, of being sad and lonely and broken. Maybe the explanation would never come, because of that. It was likely for the best, as Resplendence did not need it either.

Seeing her mother smile as she trails off is all the answer she needs, and she rejoices to see the acceptance, the happiness reflected in the shades of her mother's irises. Though she had not even told Vadim of her affections yet, knowing Resplendence approved was more than enough to the frail girl with the spotted coat.

Yet, the mere notion of the pair meeting strikes a sudden pang of uncertainty into the young maiden's heart. She does not let it show. But her mother's tears drove her forward, reaching for the mare's muzzle with her own, a smile on her face. "Thank you, mother," she whispered sincerely, rubies staring into her mother's eyes with all the love and gratitude she could muster. "C-Can you meet him after I tell him?" she asked quietly her stutter returning with a vengeance at her sudden shyness, her hesitance to even think about telling Vadim how she felt. "Is this how you feel, when you're with Quilyan?" she asked it softly, wary to cause her mother pain, for she was aware that the painted boy had not been around as of late.

you're my best friend

Nayati & Vadim

Image Credit Code: Time

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: you're in control of my heart - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 09:30 PM