Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

you're my sunshine
and i want you to know
that my feelings are true
i really love you

Sun warms her pale hide, spots like freckles popping up beneath its rays. It is warm, so close to Tallsun, and she revels in the heat it brings to her ever-chilled bones. The Edge was a misted, cold place, one that she often despised for that reason. More often than not, she would find herself huddle up beside the bonfires, Rathunax spread along her back to share the heat of his internal fires. The sand was warm and thick, crowding up against her ankles until she wanted to sink into it, cocoon herself until she never had to feel the bite of cold again.

Her mind was abuzz with thoughts and memories, etched in the fine, thick lines of emotion that would not leave her breast. Figuring out how she'd felt for Vadim had been a shocking experience, she'd never expected to fall in love, much less with the quiet, awkward stallion she knew and called friend. Telling her mother had been a whole other story, involving excitement and adrenaline, love and joy. Only to dissolve into far more serious matters, ones that Nayati stubbornly kept from the forefront of her mind.

So instead she rocked to her scarred knees, sprawling out on the warm sands and inviting Rathunax to spread his wings out on her side, the two of them sunbathing together. They dozed that way, all worries of finding Vadim and telling him that she loved him fading from her mind beneath the warm, lulling rays of the sun hanging high above them. Watching over them, keeping them safe from the horrors of the world.

@[Vadim]

you're my best friend

Nayati & Vadim

Image Credit Code: Time

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
when we were kids sneaking bottles of wine - by Nayati - 01-26-2015, 10:38 PM