[PRIVATE] Our Blood became Lies

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj

comets fell from the sky,
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

Kaj was helpless to try and figure out what Thor was thinking, the darkness that seemed to plague his mind and turned his words sour and bitter against once-friends. Amicable though Kaj tried to be, he was met with venomous fangs that lashed out against hopeful, opened palms. So Kaj retreated, eyeing the brute carefully, not sure what it was he needed to do or be in that moment to help his old brother. He had embodied a punching bag for Resplendence, when she'd needed it. A comforting body, warm and inviting, for Kahlua. They were all Kaj, all portions and shades of his own soul, but he brought them to the forefront to allow those he held beloved the chance to heal. What did Thor need? Why was his bitterness so profound, his hatred so obtuse, so conspicuous? Perhaps Kaj had grown used to the kinship he'd built in the Edge, to the sense of family and loyalty. He had forgotten what it was like to be hated, in any manner of the word or severity of its meanings.

So instead he remained where he was standing, allowing Thor to look upon him, or down on him. Remained still and complacent, steadily removing his layers and barriers to bare himself to Thor. Whether the brute saw the actions as what they were or not, it was a moment that Kaj needed as well. He removed his armor, even though a part of him longed for it with how Thor seemed intent to harm and cripple him. But he had to try and trust the warrior before him, beaten and battered though he was. Yet he still managed to wield such power. Kaj turned his pale eyes upon the scraped hide, the shuttered face, and awaited judgment on what Thor thought he saw. Or was it a truth that Kaj could not avoid? Was he the one who was deluded?

Instead he gawked at Thor's words, allowed himself to flinch against them, feel the hurt they inspired in his very flesh. "That is what I am offering," he said quietly, the confusion blatantly evident on his lost, broken features. "I came to you because I am your friend, Thor." Wasn't he? Was the sentiment not returned? Had some twisted form of jealousy taken over his once-brother? How was Kaj supposed to display his faithfulness, his loyalty, when Thor only saw them as fragmented facades? "I am trying to understand. I don't know what I've done to deserve your harshness," he exclaimed helplessly, staring into Thor as if the deeper he looked, he could find the words written plainly in the fissures of the colors of his eyes.

Instead, he was greeted with words of failure and frustration. So Kaj let his shoulders fall, almost meek in his defeat. It was like trying to plead his innocence to a mountain, impassive and unwilling to listen. So instead he spoke his own piece, wondering if it would lift the burden from his shoulders personally. "I do not care for titles. I do all I can to keep our family safe, but I would do that in any aspect of this herd. I only ever stood before you as a brother, as an equal. Your eyes are blinded by an ill I cannot name, be it jealousy or bitterness or misplaced hatred." Slowly Kaj lifted his face to Thor's, reserved and quiet but strong nonetheless as he flayed himself open and displayed his innards for Thor to spit upon as he had everything else. But Kaj still held a quiet hope that perhaps he could bring Thor back to him, from whatever dark sea he had been cast out upon and lost to. "I don't know how to make you believe me if you close your ears and heart to me. Do you wish for the crown? I would offer it to you, if it would make you see how little I care for a title. I only ever wanted your brotherhood."

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Our Blood became Lies - by Thor - 01-27-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Our Blood became Lies - by Kaj - 02-05-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Our Blood became Lies - by Thor - 02-16-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: Our Blood became Lies - by Kaj - 03-02-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Our Blood became Lies - by Thor - 03-23-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: Our Blood became Lies - by Kaj - 04-25-2015, 07:13 PM