the Rift

[OPEN] In need of a clear understanding

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

The small voice in the air rang like a summoning in Leeka's ears, capturing her attention without a moment’s hesitation toward its source. The young mare could only smile to herself as her eyes set upon the pale form of the Glazier in the distance, her mind abuzz with questions, excitement...and the barest thread of embarrassment. She knew all too well how completely sudden this all was and felt just a bit shameful to erupt into the other mares day like a flaming meteorite but she couldn't help it anymore - she had to know and she had to know now. Besides, wasn’t it part of the Glaziers job to teach and have underlings, right? There wouldn't be any point of the job if no one else wanted it or knew of it. That sprung an interesting point. Was magic taught instead by the mentor to their understudies instead of gifted by the Moon Goddess, like lore says? The realization put an extra bounce in the appaloosa steps, spurring a flying change in her gait. Regardless of whatever acceptance she had toward her failure of retaining magic from her homeland didn't mean she had any reservations of adopting Helovian magic. In fact, she may have even preferred it. From what she had seen and heard the magic here was far more diverse and unique from wielder to wielder. No two had exactly the same and the possibilities were wondrous. Endlessly so.

Drawing nearer, Leeka recalled the few times she had actually seen Brisa before. The first had been at a herd meeting when Kahlua, their Queen, had promoted her to Glazier. It had been within just a few weeks of her joining and there was so little that she had understood then. Of the few things she could recall from the gathering Ktulu and Archibald had been made Captains of the Edge, Alysanne was named Moon Doctor in Resplendence's place and the peace talks with the Aurora Basin were discussed. How tense things got then on that subject. I was so overwhelmed, I kept silent...mostly. There may have been a few words she had spoken but she could barely recall what they were. Perhaps she had egged on creating a new bond with the Basin, to start fresh if they were willing to have peace. Things seem to be alright... She thought hopefully, before the shadow of the present returned the doubt. The murders had kept everyone busy. If there were tensions still, they had been delayed by darker matters. "At least things are well for now, as well as they can be.

As for the second time Leeka had seen Brisa it had been on the floating island when the races were being held and she had become a participant in the Equine race. The one hosted by a turtle and the one that she had won, both equally strange and unlikely things. Though, despite the grey mare having been there it seemed she had lost early in the race. A sheepish grin cast itself on Leeka's maw. To think she had beaten both the Glazier and the Queen of the Edge in the same race.

Funny, all these little chances of seeing one another and yet never spoken. Wonder if she remembers anything. Leeka thought as she drew up beside Brisa, pausing a fair distance away before raising a foreleg and bowing her head to her knee as way of greeting, a habit of her homeland she continued to practice and doubt would ever leave her." Sorry to come on such short notice but I couldn't help myself." she said, another sheepish smile creeping on her maw." I want to know more about your craft. What it means to be a Glazier." She looked away, pausing for moment and shyly picked at the ground with a hoof before continuing. "I had interest in it before...but I never pursed it. I have sooo many questions...but mostly I want to know about...about the Goddess." It felt strange saying the word aloud, as if it actually contained weight and required effort to say. It also made her feel oddly exposed for some reason, but what could be expected from someone unused to believing in greater beings? " I've heard the lore, but is your gift of glass-making truly a gift from her? Have you...ever...met her?" Leeka tilted her head, expectantly, curiously before another thought sprang into her head. ""Oh! And my name is Leeka, by the way."

OOC: This should be set before the murder reveal I think XD
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

@[Brisa]

Messages In This Thread
In need of a clear understanding - by Leeka - 01-27-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: In need of a clear understanding - by Brisa - 01-31-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: In need of a clear understanding - by Leeka - 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: In need of a clear understanding - by Brisa - 02-19-2015, 08:40 PM