the Rift

[OPEN] In need of a clear understanding

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Watching as the painted mare approached there was no doubting that she had met her once or twice before. She could picture her face at many of the herd meetings but was it there that she had first met her? If only she could start remembering names better, then she wouldn't find herself in this position struggling to remember them. Faces she could easily pull from memory but that was no use to her without a name to go along with it. Had Kahlua not remembered her deficit in this category when she had considered her for this position? If she recalled she had forgotten her best friends name a couple times before she had managed to straighten it out and get it right. Oh it was so great for meeting people and making friends when she could barely remember to place names to peoples faces.

Perking her ears forward as the painted fae began speaking she listened diligently to everything she was saying. To her relief and gratitude the girl spoke her name to save her the embarrassment of having to ask it herself. Leeka! That was it! The formality in which she was addressed was surprising and she couldn't help but feel a little weird. When she had agreed to take on the position of Glazier she hadn't realized it came with people talking to her differently. This would definitely take some getting used to. Never before had she ever pictured herself being anywhere on the totem pole other than at the very end where she had been 99% of her life. Her life had been about staying under the radar of those higher than her and doing everything she was told, getting used to being ignored and pushed around, the normal. Speaking up? Holding a higher ranking? None of this had ever crossed her mind. Geeze she had pictured herself sitting in a corner fiddling with little trinkets or something.

Making herself get over the whole ranking surprise quickly she wondered how exactly she was supposed to address these rather difficult questions. The Moon Goddess....ummm well she had only met her once before but not on a one to one basis. What all did she know about her...well she was a murderer...and a dark twisted bitch... did that count as knowledge? These answers were surely not the ones Leeka was looking for but what else could she tell her? Thinking back to what Kaj had told her about her crafting powers she tried to piece together something logical that would not make her sound like a complete fool. "No need to apologize. It's nice to meet you again Leeka." She commented with a gentle smile in greeting. Well that was real smooth so much for not sounding like a fool. "I will try to answer your questions the best I can. I'm still learning a lot about crafting myself so I may not be able to answer everything."

Alright giving her a warning was a good start so the painted mare didn't get her hopes up too high she mused silently to herself as she motioned for Leeka to walk with her. Thinking always seemed to be easier when she was walking so perhaps it would help to pull some answers from her scrambled brain. "I have met the Goddess once but it was about a year ago now and had nothing to do with becoming a Glazier. Kaj and Kahlua came to me first to ask if I might be willing to step into the position. Of course I agreed and through a lot of practice and explanation I managed to figure out how to use this new magic. I had watched Kahlua when she had first started to learn to be a crafter and tried to take lessons from her. From what I have learned the magic does come from the Goddess herself but is based on darkness." Pausing to try and figure out the correct wording she continued. "Its a little bit hard to describe but the gift works through the darkness all around us. It's just something you have to feel for."

@[Leeka]

Brisa Speaks

Image Credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
In need of a clear understanding - by Leeka - 01-27-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: In need of a clear understanding - by Brisa - 01-31-2015, 12:11 AM
RE: In need of a clear understanding - by Leeka - 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: In need of a clear understanding - by Brisa - 02-19-2015, 08:40 PM