the Rift

[OPEN] Ground Shakin' [joining]

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
she'll be shocked when I change these locks

As soon as the words left my mouth I knew that telling this dangerous looking King that I had few talents was a mistake, if he wasn't already hard looking the expression hardened with my admittance. "I do not accept stagnancy in my ranks. You will practice your craft and grow in it, or we will place you elsewhere, where your desire to improve will increase. Do you understand?" I cringed inwardly at the stallion's harsh words, wondering if I had just happened to catch him on a poor day or if he was always so grumpy. Sporty, black skull bobbed up and down in an affirmative motion as inky lips parted ever so slightly to let words loose. "Yessir I understand." Luckily I wasn't very tall to begin with and the monster before me was a hulking beast, so keeping my skull lower than his crown in respect was an easy task.
"Nonetheless, welcome to the World's Edge. You will now be marked as a philosopher. Evangeline, a flaxen mare with a dragon companion, is the head of your class. Should you need her, she is not hard to find. I suggest you meet with her. If you will excuse me, I must finish my patrol." And just like that the beast and his canine were gone as quickly as they had appeared, I was left standing there staring at the now empty space before me the grass still bent out of shape from his hulking mass. Glossy ears flicked back and the forth before emeralds finally moved back to the pale mare who had so graciously brought me here. "Well, he was intense." A half smile cracked across my face as I lowered my head a bit to scratch against a stuck out forelimb while Resplendence's gentle voice filled the air.
"They're not all this harsh...and they don't expect perfection - just dedication. Do that and you will be fine. Feel free to follow me to the gardens or explore more on your own." I chuckled, lifting my skull back so emerald eyes would meet the golden ones of the pink mare. Tucking my wings in close to my slender frame I smiled warmly towards the only friend I had in Helovia so far, she seemed like she was a kind mare, a little on the shy side but it was much more pleasant than the loud abruptness of the King. "Thank you for all of your help Resplendence! We must run into each other again soon, but I think I will take this time to explore the land a bit and get my head together before I bump into my mother." Offering a final smile to the pink and her feathered companion I nodded once more before trotting off into the mists of the land, I wasn't sure where I was headed just yet, but I was soon to find out.

"Speech here."
Tag;; Resplendence
Words;; 493
Notes;; I think it's safe to call this ended? :3

Credits: Image by fidber @ flickr
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Artorius - 01-27-2015, 10:50 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Artorius - 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Archibald - 01-31-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Resplendence - 01-31-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Artorius - 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Archibald - 02-06-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Resplendence - 02-07-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Ground Shakin' [joining] - by Artorius - 02-09-2015, 09:37 PM