[OPEN] Another night patrol...

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
my friend makes rings, she swirls and sings
she’s a mystic in the sense that she’s still mystified by things

Aisling didn’t mind being alone, and in her travels of the past year she’d been alone more often than not. It gave her time to think, time to dream. She’d be shy to admit it, but the solitude had let her take to composing a few songs of her own. Still, even though her solitary life had been a rewarding experience, she always liked having company more. There was no doubt in her mind that once she joined up with Kvothe and his friend, Finn, her life would change for the better. This lonely song on the beach was somehow a farewell to one set of travels and a hello to a new one.

A deep cough tugged her sharply out of her admiration of the stars. The white pony jumped, thoroughly startled, and looked around with a surprised “Oh!” Grey eyes were wide and went wider still when they caught sight of the speaker but her expression was one of surprise more than fear. The little mare lacked the wisdom to be afraid as often as she should, and this might have been one of those times because this stallion was enormous! Once upon a time there was a fair made who got lost in the woods. Far and far she went, twisting and turning until, quite by accident, she entered the lands of the giants!

The little mare slipped out of her dizzy daydream quickly enough, and as the shock of the sudden company faded, she was able to focus on what was before her. In the light of the moon and its reflections off the water and sand, she was able to see what a magnificent creature he was, horns and wings and flaming pelt, all softened by an amused smile. Confident then, Ailing returned the smile with her own, as bright and pleasant as summer sunshine. With a little splash in a reaching wave, she fully turned to greet her new potential friend. Following his glance, she saw the young filly that seemed to be with him, painted with golden stars of her own. A giddy laugh like the chiming of bells came as freely as her smile “Well hello there!” She greeted both with a soft sweep of her head, long braid swinging merrily with the movement.

The stallion spoke softly, seeming to assume that it was her home the song had been about. Aisling sighed loudly in her happy, dreamy way and gave a gentle shake of the head. “’Tis only a place I know from that song; it’s one my Da always used to sing. I don’t think it’s a land the really exists from the way he always told it, but it always reminded me of home just the same.” The silky stream came out in her accented lilt. “I am Aisling of the Isle Éire. And I do suppose I’ve left part of my heart there, but the most of it rests here above my feet and goes where ever they lead.” She paused a moment, then it occurred that he might have been there to shush her. “I do hope I’ve not been keeping your wee lass awake so late, I didn’t know anyone was about.”

- - -

Actions in the living world.
Daydreams and foolish fantasies.
“Words spoken aloud.”
Table style by Tamme
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Another night patrol... - by Hector - 01-29-2015, 06:19 PM
RE: Another night patrol... - by Aisling - 01-30-2015, 02:03 AM
RE: Another night patrol... - by Tempe - 01-31-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Another night patrol... - by Hector - 02-05-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Another night patrol... - by Aisling - 02-08-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: Another night patrol... - by Tempe - 02-14-2015, 01:27 AM