the Rift

[OPEN] Now, this is a story all about how... [Storytelling]

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

The warmth of the sunlight drew me out of my slumber. The rays of light peeked through my golden eyes. They fluttered open as I stand, stretching as I moved. It was still early, enough time to pray to the God of the Sun before I move on to a task I must complete today. I need to tell a story. But just what? I mean, I know the stories my Momma told me... But I can't imagine telling those to just anyone of the herd. Those can be very personal... But maybe, just maybe... Yes. That will work lovely.

I move to the Diviner's fire, and pray to my Lord before continuing on to Dragon's Blood. This tree was one of few I have ever seen around here. I figure it's a good place to tell my story. I settle in and call out to those of the herd. "Little ones, it's story time!" I sigh softly, getting my thoughts together for the story. I just hope I can tell it as well as my dam did.

Once enough have gathered, I begin my tale. "This is the story of the Beauty and the Beast. Once upon a time, there was a handsome young colt. He was a Prince of a beautiful kingdom. However he was vain. He valued looked above everything else. One day a old mare came to the thicket he lived in, begging for shelter. Several times he denied her. After the last time, she transformed into a beautiful young mare. She cursed him, making him look like a beast! Taking away his good looks. She gave him a rose to protect. If by the time he turned five, he had not found a mare to love him for him and he to love her then he would forever remain a beast." I take a deep breath, so far I think I am doing alright. I just hope I can keep it up. "This brings me to the beauty of the story. She was a beautiful young filly named Belle. She lived alone in a small herd with her Father who was an inventor. Most of the herd thought they were crazy... She loved to learn. Most of all, she loved stories. Her father was always trying to use his magic to make easier ways of doing things. There also was a strong colt among the herd called Gaston, he could easily take his pick of any filly in the herd. He was the best at protecting the herd from danger. He of course took a fancy to Belle, but she did not care for him. One day her father left off with one of his inventions and his companion Phillipe to show it to other herd. On the way however, he got lost and chased by wolves. Safety was only found in a thicket of the beast! The beast kept him as a prisoner, while his companion fled back to the herd to get help. " I stop, looking at the young ones faces. I hope they are enjoying the story, as it was indeed my favorite tale that Momma used to tell me. "Belle left the herd with her Father's companion, in hopes of finding her Father. They found him, and the beast caught her as well! He was just about to throw Belle out, when she vowed to take her Father's place if the beast would let him go."

I stopped, looking at the faces of those gathered. "Can anyone guess what happened next?" I look from face to face, waiting for an answer before I go on.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Messages In This Thread
Now, this is a story all about how... [Storytelling] - by Amani - 01-29-2015, 11:17 PM