the Rift

[OPEN] black holes and revelations

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
I'll be the bright, in black that's makin' you run.
She backs away because she doesn’t know what to think. And, truly, when she is pressed up against his flesh she doesn't want to think. But she has to tell him. She has to ask him. She has to let him know the rage that she had been feeling. She couldn't just let it simmer as she had been. She couldn't keep taking it all out on Kaj or Kahlua. She spews out questions, pain lingering in her voice at the beginning before it turns to the anger from deep inside. Anger at the fact he had ripped so much from her so quickly.

Her name brings her attention back, back out of the depths she has started to fall into, and then she shudders. He says she can't ever think she failed him. But what other reason could there be for him to leave so suddenly, without any warning?! He says he is the one who has failed her, and she supposes it is right. Her eyes flicker, and then, before she can speak he asks her to give him a chance to explain.

A hard nod is given as she swallows, fighting back the tears at the idea that she hadn't failed him. From there, he explained that he had left for his father, who he had thought was dead, only to see that it was a rouse. Sweet words of falling asleep to her face each night lull her back, hearing how it had killed him and then how he had come back. He spoke about thinking of her constantly, missing her and regretting it all. How he had never wanted to cause the pain before repeating that he loved her. "I-I love you too," she choked out, tears brimming to the fullest at her eyes before he kept speaking again.

The words tumbled off of his maw like a waterfall. How she deserved more than the pain and suffering he kept bringing her when he only wanted to be her knight in shining armour. He says he wanted that chance - that he wanted the family. She chokes on the air, a weak whimper escaping her maw at those words before he goes on saying he had never really left (and in a sense they hadn't, for both of them continued to crave each other and imagine each other in their absence.

She's silent, until he tries to promise her his future, and then she breaks. Her ear falls to the side, and the pain starts to wash. Her body lunges forward - aching to feel her flesh against his and listen to his heartbeat. "My knight…" she whispers, maw trying to lip at his key pendant, feeling as it started to cool off with her own fear and rage dissipating. "I want you. I need your love. I… when you're there I feel like I can do anything. But when you were gone… all I could imagine was that you were broken and that I couldn't get to you to keep you alive. Or that you had found someone else… someone who wasn't as broken." She clings, pressing into his chest with her shoulder and allowing most of her barrel and haunches to press up against his shoulder - ear pressed against his flesh to listen to the beating of his heart.

"But I-I'm stronger now. I… I have some kind of purpose - a usefulness. I… I want the family I lost. I thought I was cursed to lose everyone I loved. But you're back - you're here. I can't be cursed if you're here and well." She rambles on a little bit more, making a few vague references towards her twins and cringing at the thought of their deaths. Then, finishing off the rambling she manages to state clearly, certainly, "I want that family with you, if you still want one Quil…" Her golden eyes searching for his gaze - nothing but love, (and for once in her life) strength, and peace was radiating in her orbs. There was no fear, no uncertainty, no nervousness.

She had grown so much in ways no one would have thought possible…
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 01-30-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 01-30-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 01-30-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 02-05-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Resplendence - 02-05-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: black holes and revelations - by Quilyan - 02-05-2015, 09:36 PM