the Rift

[OPEN] Release

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
The Morningstar

It had been bugging me for days. The little colt that said his dam was Alija...

I had been there for Aakesh's birth. He had been single-born, as normal. So, where did this second child, younger than my son, come from? Did she adopt him? Or was it something else, a delayed twin to Aakesh? Was my firstborn actually premature? My mind rolled, pouring over every possibility with a determination bordering on obsession as I walk across the sunset-painted sands, towards where I could usually find Alija and Aakesh, towards my child and towards rest.

With the murders, every new stranger was worth keeping an eye on...and that was what I had been doing so often. I kept track of comings and goings as best as I could, checked on the members of the herd and listening in on the gossip. I sacrificed many a night's rest watching, waiting for everyone to finally be home and asleep before I allowed myself to wander off and find a place to fall and sleep myself. My constant trips to check on my twins and their dam were draining even my seemingly endless supply of energy.

But usually a solid night's sleep restored what I depleted, and I made sure to take a break the day before to sleep and rest and recover, so I would be strong and he could not come out and ruin my time with the only family I had left.

The usual mixture of fear, curiousity, delight and caution heated within my chest as I picked up their scents, and I let out a whinny as to not alarm them as I crest a dune. But there is another scent, different yet akin to Alija and Aakesh. It is this scent that makes me pause, mind flickering towards the cloud-mare and the colt. Did he speak truth? Did Alija and I have another child, a set of twins like Breccan and Tempe?

If so...

Damn my fertile genes

"talk talk talk"

@[Alija] @[Hertz] @[Aakesh]

The battleline between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.
-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Release - by Bucephalus - 01-30-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Release - by Alija - 02-01-2015, 03:25 AM
RE: Release - by Hertz - 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Release - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 04:53 PM