the Rift

[OPEN] Release

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

Navy lids grew heavy over baby blue pools as I rested in the tall grass that grew along the pool of water where my mother, brother, and myself stayed during the day when the sun was bright and unrelenting above us. My knobby infantile limbs were still exhausted from yesterday's adventures, but it seemed as if the gods weren't going to allow me a break today either. Maybe it was just punishment for all of my sneaking away in the last month or two that I had been alive, my safety pod of goo now long gone from any memories I had.
A sigh escaped through ever so slightly parted lips as I slowly slipped away from reality and into the comforting land of dreams where I could run and play for days without growing hungry or tired. But a deep call broke through the sound of Aakesh nursing and suddenly the air was filled with the joyful screeching of the black and purple colt. "Father!" Irritation flooded my small frame as I realized that nap time was going to turn into family time, I couldn't help but be a little excited at the thought of finally meeting my father. He must be a very busy stallion, someone of importance if it kept him away from his sons and their mother for so long that I hadn't met him yet.
Baby blues glanced upwards as my mother's beautifully antlered head tilted in the direction my brother had ran, a hint that it was time to get up and chase after him otherwise I was going to be left behind. A snort blasted through navy paper thins while I stretched out my long limbs so I could remove myself from the sandy nest I had formed. But I was quickly to my hooves and racing after my brother, the exhaustion that had riddled my frame was gone before I had a moment to remember that just moments ago I had been ready to sleep until the sun came back up again. "I missed you Father! Have you meet my brother Hertz?"
The words sounded so strange in my ears. How had our father met Aakesh but not me? Was I not as important to the stallion as Aakesh was? Rounding a corner my navy rimmed ears flicked back, then to the sides as baby blues settled on the black, gold, and white frame of the stallion I had met with the cloud mare, Cirrus. Lids narrowed slightly over my eyes as I stopped moving forward, how come he hadn't told me he was my father the first time we had met? Orange banded wings tucked in close to my ribcage as I took a few steps closer to my smaller, but older brother where I puffed my slim chest slightly and locked my eyes onto the tall, black stallion.
This time he didn't have a mare to yell at, so maybe he would properly introduce himself as my father.

speech
Tag | @[Bucephalus]
Words | 500
Notes | Sorry it took me so long to reply <3 haven't been feeling too hot lately.
I've seen people turn their heads
then quickly look away
image credits

Messages In This Thread
Release - by Bucephalus - 01-30-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Release - by Alija - 02-01-2015, 03:25 AM
RE: Release - by Hertz - 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Release - by Bucephalus - 02-07-2015, 04:53 PM