the Rift

[OPEN] comin' at you like a dark horse

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

After a good night's sleep, I feel much better today. Well-rested, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed. My eyes wide, reflecting the sun's rays, and my still-fluffy coat and wings look bright in the light. I stay closer to the waves of the ocean, finding the stand there to be sturdier than the dry stuff further up the beach. The thick, deep sand makes it hard to move my little legs, and restricts movement and enthusiasm. I hear voices ahead and stop suddenly, my tail and head raising with curiosity. I can't quite tell what's going on in the distance, but I see a strange sight. A roan colored horse and a stripe-y chestnut and white horse - and a flying thing! But it's not like any flying thing I've seen before. In fact I'm quite certain I have no idea what it is. It looks like no bird or beast I've seen before. Reptilian, as far as I can tell, with strange bat-like wings. My inquisitive nature can't bear the thought of not finding out and learning more about, well, everything. I want to know who these horses are and what that flying thing is.

I pick up a swift canter, my little hooves leaving small prints in the thickened, wet sand. Sand catches around my fetlocks and cannon bones, and I think to myself that I may have to wash my legs off later. My head is high, mane and braids flowing behind me. I skid to a stop a few feet away, and some sand sprays out to the side, my hooves sinking into the sand deeper, building a barrier around my toes. I cock my head to the side, a small, cute smile slipping onto my maw. I've arrived after the stripe-y girl's words, and hear nothing of what they've been discussing. "G'day, I'm Tempe." I gesture up to the strange leathery. "What's that?" Childish innocence is painted all over my face, hidden to only the more ignorant and self-absorbed. The stripe-y one is a girl, and the roan one is a stallion. The leathery thing seems strangely attached to the stallion. Are they friends? Buddies? Hmmm... I want to know!

""

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
comin' at you like a dark horse - by Argen - 01-31-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Maren - 01-31-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Tempe - 01-31-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Argen - 03-16-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Maren - 03-18-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Tempe - 03-18-2015, 11:04 PM