the Rift

[OPEN] comin' at you like a dark horse

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

The roan stallion speaks, kindly providing the answer I seek without any delay. A royal dragon! "Wow!" I look up at the dragon in awe, admiring how handsome he is. Strong and powerful! The mare, however, seems to start worrying over me like a mother. Her strangely striped body moves toward me in the water, her concern tangible. She stops near me, asking about Arvakl my mother. "No, mom isn't with me right now. She doesn't like to be around Breccan and I very much." I don't dwell on that fact. I've wondered whether she doesn't like me or something, but at the same time.... She's my mum, of course she likes me. She loves me, and I love her! But she sometimes likes to do her own thing and I like to do mine. She is around when we need her, though, and that is the important part. But she says the dragon might eat me! I look at it nervously. "He wouldn't really eat me, would he?" I back out of the water, satisfied that my legs have been washed off.

I look back at them, first the stallion, then the mare with the little wings behind her ears. "So what are your names? Why are you in the ocean? Do you like swimming?" Why else would they be in the ocean? I don't think horses swim in the ocean very much but maybe these are special ones that are really really really good swimmers? I don't think I would like it very much. There is too much salt in the water, and the tides! I would be swept away. Maybe when I'm older I will like swimming more. There are always my wings to keep me above the water, though! I flap my wings gently at the thought, then tuck them against my sides again. "Can you fly with your little ear wings?" I ask the question that everyone must be asking! With no care of course to whether it might not be a little insensitive. That's all hindsight.

""
342 words
@[Argen] @[Maren]
Sorry there wasn't more! I didn't know what all to write :|

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
comin' at you like a dark horse - by Argen - 01-31-2015, 11:49 AM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Maren - 01-31-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Tempe - 01-31-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Argen - 03-16-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Maren - 03-18-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: comin' at you like a dark horse - by Tempe - 03-18-2015, 11:04 PM