the Rift

rub a dub dub [Ghost] [Default to Oxy]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

There was something satisfactory and yet annoying about the way my hooves connect with his shoulder. The beautiful thump of flesh hit squarely and his stumble away was enough to tell me of my initial success though my mind reeled at why he didn’t just move. Was he not taking me seriously? I find my disjointed thoughts are shocked at the apparent ease and I'm slowly being drawn into a forlorn hope that this Legatus was not all he seemed. When my body twists and forms the second attack I am reminded of just why first thoughts are not always correct and that pinning hopes on slender chances was leaving me with nothing but a fools hope. Still, my feet reach out and grab their target with another thump, but this time he is awake and before I can move away he is upon me in a well-timed rear. His mahogany hide connects sweetly with mine and I waver downwards, leaning into my left as I hastily flap my wings in attempt to right myself and inwardly I curse my fragile body mass. I may have stricken him successfully, but it only took him a mere few seconds to land me in the deep end of trouble.

I gag at the air, why am I so breathless? The fight has only just begun and I surely cannot be so tired already. My hooves hit the dry floor just outside the pool my burly challenger was splashing around in and suddenly I find my muscles have also given up on me. They cramp and I wince, stumbling forwards and dragging my nose along the muddy ground, scraping fur and flesh away before finally dragging it up. It forces a painful grunt from my lips and I battle with my legs, momentum slowing from my fall, but the world around was still a dizzy shambles. As I halt I breathe in short, struggling bouts and try to settle my panicking, fast beating heart. Why am I like this?! Perhaps I’ve eaten something I shouldn’t have or maybe that brute has poisoned me, but when could he have possibly done that?

Disgruntled, I drag my gaze around to suddenly frown at the scene before me. I wanted to say something, exclaim my confusion as to what on earth he was reaching for, but the apparent lack of oxygen robbed me of speech. I stumble back slightly as he tosses whatever it was he was grabbing for and I brace myself for the impact… Nothing. Was he a genuine idiot?! my eyes bored into him as droplets of water splashed against my face from his bizarre attack before finally I shake my head in disbelief. I’ve met strange folk, but he was topping list.

I try shaking my thoughts free of this peculiar scene and attempt to focus my attention inwards, reaching for my own magic source. It’s hard, I remember the last time I did this against the boy and his dragon, and I had to briefly leave the field of battle to order my thoughts. This time it was even worse, this fever I have suddenly grown is gnawing away at my body and finally I gasp in frustration. I can’t do it. Whatever this clown has done has done to me has taken away the concentration levels I needed to deal him a vengeful blow of burning blood. I abandon the fruitless task in irritation and focus instead on the tiny process of breathing, slowly folding my wings into my sides. For now, flying would only hinder me and I must try defeat this oaf from the ground.

My right side has a dull, bruising throb from where his bony body slammed against mine from earlier and my muscles complain when I urge them forwards, my eyes narrowing in strain. I amble into a trot and move to where I think he is positioned, not favouring any side in particular in hope to catch him off guard. I felt weak, I needed to be smart to compensate for my loss of strength and I continued to head straight for his face, my head slightly lowered. When I was near enough and my hooves splashed into the water, I jinxed my head to his right and went to try slice my horn across his cheek before following it through with a bite aimed for the lower part of his neck.

This close, I was suddenly aware of just how much bigger he was than me and how much damage he could deal. I was close, far closer to him than I wanted to be and the water around me did nothing for the muscle cramp. Yet, for now, this was the best I could muster in my state.

[796 words 2/3]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
rub a dub dub [Ghost] [Default to Oxy] - by Oxy - 01-31-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: rub a dub dub [Ghost] - by Ghost - 02-07-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: rub a dub dub [Ghost] - by Oxy - 02-07-2015, 11:25 PM