the Rift

[OPEN] heavy metal broke my heart

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
@[Nymeria]

and it's our time now if you want it to be
maul the world like the carnival bear set free

Sister comes close, and the colt's muzzle shifts to try and touch it to her shoulder. Together they will witness Mother's triumph, watch her display her dominance in a blaze of bloody glory. Today she ascends; the horned man will perish, and he shall rue the day he thought to challenge the World Eater!

Volterra watches every blow be exchanged, winces each time a hit lands upon the hide of his mother. She gives as good as she gets, though, and pride radiates through the young titan at the sight of her. Even from here he can feel the pull of her opponent's magic, all death and misery that calls to him like a lover, and his ears subconsciously bat backwards at the queer sensation. He wonders how it feels for Confutatis to be so close to such an overwhelming emotion - but, after all, she is death incarnate, and Volterra is sure she can handle it.

The battle nears its end, but the result is not the one he expected. In symphony to his sister's cry, a "no!" bubbles from his throat, ears flattening further and a hateful whinny leaving the cavern between his jaws. Mother has fallen. Broken by the horned man, dominated by him - the sight of her in the throes of her loss is a memory that will remain seared behind the colossal colt's eyelids for a long time. His first concern is his sister, though, and he aims to press his huge side against her own, comforting her even as her black dragon does the same. "It'll be alright," he croons, his voice a hushed whisper he uses only with his sister. Whilst she crumples in sorrow, he inflates with anger; livid red gaze turns to the victor, tail and neck arching in unison as he hungers for the day he will be able to march into battle and gain revenge for his mother's fall. If only his adult size could bless him now! If only manhood could descend between his thighs to force testosterone through his body, if only he was of the age to storm atop the Rotunda and steal away the life of the death-man as easily as if he were a gnat!

But no. He is too young, too inexperienced. He cannot gain his revenge today. He looks to Nymeria through narrowed lids, every line in his face taut with hatred. "Should we go to her?" he asks his sister. Will Mother want comfort, or to be left alone in her darkest hour?

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 01-31-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 02-22-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 02-28-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 03-07-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 02-23-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 03-07-2015, 08:04 AM