the Rift

[OPEN] heavy metal broke my heart

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
and it's our time now if you want it to be
maul the world like the carnival bear set free

He stands strong and stoic against his sister, wanting to force every iota of his monolithic frame into comfort for his precious Nymeria. The girl is lucky for sure, to have two boys wrapped around her hoof who will do anything for her. One, a black dragonling, the other a black dragon child with fire in his heart and ice in his veins, both devoted to the grullo and determined to aid her in any way they can. Despite their initial animosity, Volterra respects Lil for what he gives to his sister, and silently hopes the dragon is comforting Nymeria mentally as much as the young gladiator is physically.

I don't understand. "Neither do I," confesses the colt, his face still twisted into an expression of abject misery. His gazes fixes again upon the victorious stallion, each muscle in his frame tensing and frozen anger lurching drunkenly through his mind. You'll pay for this. He looks to Nymeria, expecting her to suggest they go to Confutatis and help her, but she doesn't. One, sharp word warns him off approaching their dam, and after a few seconds of confusion he remembers why his sister is probably right. Their mother, loved though she is, will most likely be looking for a vessel to take out her anger on. Her children moving into her breast for comfort would probably not be well-received. Kicks and bites and venom would rain down upon them, never enough to kill or seriously injure, of course, just enough to ensure the rebuke aches for a good few days afterwards and ensure the twins know their place.

Nymeria is probably right. Volterra fears not his own pain, but hers. He hates seeing her hurt by anybody, even their own mother.

"Come then - let us leave," he whispers to her. It is probably best for them to be out of sight when Confutatis descends from the Rotunda, lest she find problem with them standing there gawking. Volterra aims to use his side to guide his sister away from the battleground, away from the stench of death and loss and hate, hoping to lead her away to safety where they can mourn in peace well away from the prospect of the World Eater's wrath.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 01-31-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 02-22-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 02-28-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 03-07-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 02-23-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 03-07-2015, 08:04 AM