the Rift

[OPEN] heavy metal broke my heart

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
A subdued sense of contempt contorts through the spider's bond, a waft of distaste for her brother's presence—no, not for his presence, but for his encroach on what Lil considers his territory. And then his wings outstretch, spread, and for a bizarre moment it would look as if the skull-faced daughter had grown a pair of miniaturized extra limbs; and then, after a wiggle of his sinewy body, the black leaps, pumping his tattered appendages. The wind he leaves in his wake ruffles through the filly's curly and scruffy hair, shifting ringlets in a picturesque moment offset by the misery in Nymeria's eyes.

... Lilómiel.
Mentally she reaches for him, tendrils of thought pressing and twitching, hoping to catch a metaphorical hand in hers; he gives her but a passing glimpse into his mind, his disappointment, his greed, his hurt. Brows tighten together; doesn't he understand she can't deal with this right now? Lil doesn't have a monopoly over her—she needs both of them, equally so. Instead of 'answering' her quietly imposed inquiry, the dragon wheels upwards, the air ruffling through the feathers on his spine, a dark silhouette in the humid air. She sighs, a deep and sorrowful exhale which rattles her lungs and makes her head throb.

Volterra leans against her, the warmth of his breath even more soothing than the words he murmurs to her. Thank you. Nymeria hopes he knows her thankfulness to him, her relief for his understanding; it alleviates the guilt which begins to sit and seep in her stomach, choke in her throat.

Needless to say, she goes with him, not pausing to look back.
NYMERIA
And I'll love you the best way I know how

image credits

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 01-31-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 02-22-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 02-28-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nymeria - 03-07-2015, 11:04 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 02-23-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Volterra - 03-07-2015, 08:04 AM