the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! And the Winds that Heal

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

Astraeus flitters silently into the cave in which the trio have settled themselves, coming to rest on his bonded's withers. The dove sighs gratefully, settling into their little nook, allowing herself to relax in the presence of her old friends. She still yearns to leave for the Dragon's Throat, but between her journey and the subsequent healing, she knows that she is not yet strong enough. She will leave on the morrow, perhaps, or the day after that. In any case, she knows better than to worry about it now. She will get there when she gets there, and that will be soon enough.

Her story is met with sighs and caresses of sympathy from both of her companions, which she accepts with a small smile that does little to hide the haunted look in her eyes. It has not been an enjoyable season for the mare, nor does she particularly wish to relive the experience over and over again... and yet she knows that this is precisely what she will have to do, first with her mate, then with her children - and gods know who else. Does she owe the story to her herd? She has very few friends left to tell, not after the death of Rowan (oh, how long ago that was now!) and Phaedra.

Speaking of whom, Rasta mentions the brutal string of murders and the angel perks her ears forward. "I suppose that's true enough. I did leave on Academy business, but it was not what kept me away. I'm not sure what Tandavi has to do with it - though perhaps she took over after I disappeared," she mused, her distant gaze flitting momentarily away. "Did they find the murderer?" she inquires, almost an afterthought.

And then the world falls away.

Her daughter is dead.

Her daughter was murdered.

"Skysong?" she whispered, her eyes flooding with tears. She had never gotten to say goodbye, never gotten to tell the young mare that her mother loved her. Skysong had run from her overbearing mothering, had run away and never looked back. The last the dove had seen of her was at Rowan's death, and even then they barely spoke, united only in their mutual grief. And now she is dead? "How? Who?"

"talk talk talk"
@[name]

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

(just your friendly neighborhood admin doing some fixin')
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! And the Winds that Heal - by Rasta - 01-31-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: !! And the Winds that Heal - by Sohalia - 02-05-2015, 12:10 PM
RE: !! And the Winds that Heal - by Africa - 02-09-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: !! And the Winds that Heal - by Rasta - 02-11-2015, 10:37 PM
RE: !! And the Winds that Heal - by Sohalia - 02-25-2015, 03:05 PM