the Rift

[OPEN] Alice in Wonderland [Hatching]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

There is no doubt there is something very special going on between the pup and the mare. I look on with soft, kind eyes, admiring that such a connection an exist between two so different species. I've seen it with Thranduil and his fawn, Haldir, but it is still a vague concept to me, despite being outlined so well. 'Takes one to know one' clearly applies here; if it were possible for me to bond with a companion perhaps I would know what these blessed equines feel. That is not for me, and perhaps that is better. I would not want to have any creature too dependent on me - after all, I am a fairly independent creature by nature. To have another life that depends on me, that I need to constantly look after, is an overwhelming thought, an overwhelming responsibility.

Hotaru is kind enough to answer my curiosities, though her attention is obviously focused on the wee Alice. I can't blame her, if it were my own I would be the same. She adds to what I know about companions, and I feel my brain trying to contemplate all that I've learned. The thought of an abandoned child hurts me inside, in a way that I have never felt before. Or have I? I don't recognize the sensation and I despise it, the way it makes my chest hurt like I can't breathe, like needles are being slowly pushing into my heart. My ears slide back, an outward sign of my discomfort at the thought in my mind. Of course I don't realize that it might have something to do with my own orphaning so early in my life, but I almost don't remember it. The memories of that pain - loneliness and abandonment - are buried so deep they may never resurface.

The pale bloodied hound's jaws clamp down tightly on the rabbit I've thrown its direction. Ah - so they do have teeth. Helovia is full of wonders: a canine hatched from an egg with fully-formed teeth! So many mysteries that I've been unaware of, living out of a cave on the outskirts for two years of my life. How naive I must be! "She's ravenous! She will grow quickly, I bet." All the blood running from the rabbit, from Alice's small mouth, has me imagining my own dinner to satisfy the pain beginning to radiate through my belly.

""

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-01-2015, 02:07 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-01-2015, 04:26 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-06-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-09-2015, 02:58 AM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Hotaru - 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Alice in Wonderland [Hatching] - by Saffron - 02-22-2015, 11:27 PM