the Rift

[PRIVATE] Into the Land Of Fae

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

Darkness. It is the first thing that I notice, and immediately I halt my frolic to look around, the hair along my back prickling. This wasn't natural, and whilst the darkness was not the kind of children's terrors... It had been sunny a moment ago. Light, faint and flickering, catches my eye, and I turn in time to see the stag upon the lake, glowing with an ethereal light. Yep. Not natural. I could feel the power, the ancient energy that pulsed from the being, and almost instinctively I dip my head to the stag. He crosses the lake, and at the forest's edge he beckons me to follow with a single word before he lunges into the wood.

I shoot after him, jerking Elodin awake with a mental cry. Shortly he is at my side, bounding almost faster than I was running as we take off after the stag, who was now mere wisps of light. I knew not what game this was, or what it would lead to, but when a magic deer tells you to follow it... well only a fool wouldn't. Or maybe a fool would. Either way, this was turning out quite the adventure.

We race after the light, bounding over fallen trees and swerving around holes. Elodin seems to sense something I cannot, for whenever I loose sight of the lights he calls to me, drawing me back to his side and after the glow. In turn when there are trees in our path I quickly help him over, so that our reckless pace is not broken.

In a way, I am rather enjoying this. The curiosity is about killing me by this point.

Or maybe it was the exertion.

"Speech speech speech"

Messages In This Thread
Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 04:52 PM