the Rift

[PRIVATE] Into the Land Of Fae

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

Relief fills me when the stag returns to a solid form, and I no longer need Elodin's sight to guide me should I stray. Up ahead looms a sunny clearing, but yet the gentle darkness still trails around me. The stag has stopped in the middle of another body of water, and I take a short reprieve, catching my breath as I look around us.

The glen around the stag is sunny, yet around myself it is the gentle dark of late twilight. Curious. Once more the stag bids me to follow, to approach him to the center of the pond... but this time I am wary. I was a bard, a storyteller, and I knew oh-so many stories about foolish travelers following wisps of light to their dooms, or of creatures that lured the brave or idiotic to their deaths in the water.

Elodin's small body presses tight against my leg; I can feel his worry, but yet oddly it is calm...and directed more towards my panting state. I watch the stag warily, torn between doing as the ancient bid me and leaving this place. But so far, there was no sign of danger, and Elodin seemed rather calm.

Then again, he was scarce but a child.

My weight rolls from side to side as I ponder, hesitating for a few minutes more. This could be a trap, I could very well die this day. But when do opportunities as magical as this ever occur? When would I ever have a chance for something like this again?

My mind decided, I stepped into the pond, and to my surprise I do not sink. Elodin begins to follow, but with a stern mental nudge, he remains on the bank, pacing. I put my worry for him aside, and walk further across the pond, until I stand before the great stag, silent. Our bell chimes fill the air, and I am equally filled with questions... but I felt like if I dared to speak, all of this would vanish.

"Speech speech speech"

Messages In This Thread
Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 04:52 PM