the Rift

[PRIVATE] Into the Land Of Fae

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

N P C

The stag listened without faltering, his eyes staying planted on the stallion with confident and warmth. As his tale faded, the silver-blue glow of the water faded and the water ran down the stallion's body, painting his skin with the dark lines of wetness that water left on all it merely touched. A smile broke out across the ancient stag's face, and lines of his age were visible, finally, and the russet brown and sandy tan faded into charcoal and silver. His massive, muscle body was still great, but he was jaunty, and pointy with edges of his bones sticking out beneath his perfect, yet elderly, hide. His eyes, once a burning and glowing gold, were now a fierce yet compassionate and painted in a soft shade of amber. The moss on his horns and the bells stayed as they always had been, and the stallion reached out towards Kvothe.

Although the glowing of the water had stopped and the water was no longer holding the stallion still, he stayed on the surface, just as the stag. The stag, slowly, walked around the stallion with purpose in his eyes. "Your story rings with truth. The most greedy of hearts will do nothing but destroy firsthand and bring destruction behind them. You have shown true wisdom, for this story is told from the bottom of your heart, and you did not let your young companion come onto the water. I could not have supported him, and he would have drowned. You are wise, and you will do great things, my child."

As the stag circled Kvothe once more, with his words, finished, he breathed across the stallion's topline. Silver-blue was his breath, and once it touched the stallion it sunk into his spine, leaving a tingling feeling that could only be the presence of magic. "I bestow upon you the power of my ancestors, you are one of us now."

Stepping back to look Kvothe once more in the eyes, the ancient stag disappeared, only a slight, flickering light lingered for mere seconds before the daylight returned and all evidence of the stag retreated.

Messages In This Thread
Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by Kvothe - 02-01-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Into the Land Of Fae - by NPC - 02-01-2015, 04:52 PM