the Rift

[OPEN] moondance

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

"Leliel?"

You're drowning. You're gasping for air but it doesn't help. She says your name and its like she's shoved you under water, you hear nothing else but the sound of her voice and the hammering of your heart in your ears. "Muriel..." You say her name again, but your voice sounds muffled to your ears. The only thing you want to hear is her voice. Her breath. Her heartbeat. You've known for a long time that you were a fool, but it is in this moment that you realize the enormity of your foolishness.

"I'm sorry!" You say again, but no matter how many times you apologize you don't think you'll ever be able to make up for the heartbreak you've put her through. She deserves a man much better than you, but you want her in the worst possible way. You need her in your life, not as a caretaker, but as your other half. You're ready to return all the love she's ever given you tenfold. You're ready to be everything she ever wanted you to be, but you're scared. You're scared that she won't want you anymore. You're scared that she's found someone to replace you. Someone who is far more independent and capable than you.

"You're alive? I thought you were dead."

"Almost." You admit. "I almost was... but I had to find you." Your words are rushed together and your body is trembling as she embraces you. How many times had you pushed her away when she had tried to embrace you before? "I'm sorry." You say again. "I was thirsty and I went for water and then I couldn't find you. I didn't mean to." You move so you can drape your neck across Muriel's shoulders and pull her to you.

For the first time in a very long time you feel wetness in your eyes and on your face. Are you really that happy and relieved to be near her again? You are and if anyone from home could see you now you'd be in for it. But you don't care because you love her. Could you say it, though? Would she want to hear it? You arch your thin neck so that your muzzle is pressed against her warm flesh and you whisper it. "I love you."

"."
image credits!

Messages In This Thread
moondance - by Muriel - 02-02-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: moondance - by Leliel - 02-10-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: moondance - by Muriel - 02-10-2015, 11:22 PM
RE: moondance - by Leliel - 02-10-2015, 11:49 PM