A
R
T
O
R
I
U
S

Things seemed to be going quite well so far, I felt as if I had made a friend in the pale mare and she had offered me a home in the beautiful lands of the World's Edge. But I didn't spend much time there out of fear of running into my mother...who I wasn't quite ready to speak to yet. Words just never seemed to fit together properly when I thought of how I was going to greet her, ask her questions, or just talk to her in general. It had been so long since the last time I had seen her that it was almost like I would be introducing myself to a stranger for the first time.
A shiver, full of nervous energy, passed over my glossy black coat while I wandered further south and away from the World's Edge to somewhere a little warmer and less misty. I had traveled further than I had originally planned too, the stories of the Secret Grove had drawn my attention there but as I drew closer to the region I was chased away by the sounds and smells of sexual encounters. Midnight stained paper thins flared as I avoided the sticky situation that would have gotten me into and moved on to travel further south until I hit a strange, yet beautiful, grove of trees.
Numerous different breeds and species of trees popped up along the banks of the gently running brook, unmarked limbs carried my slender frame forward until my hooves sank into the soft mud that lined the brook. A few pebbles pressed up against the frog of my hooves while my neck relaxed just enough that I was muzzle to muzzle with my reflection. What peered back was exactly what I expected it to be, except the star that normally sat perfectly in the center of my forehead was marred with flecks of black and seemed larger, more oval shaped than I was used too. Emerald eyes grew with curiosity as I peered at the strange stone that was in my way, for a moment I thought about pushing it out of my way before crossing the brook and entering the magical building...but something wasn't letting me just leave this strange thing.
Snorting softly I rolled my eyes before setting out to moving the speckled stone out of the water and onto the banks where I could further inspect it. Once I was fully content that whatever it was was safely out of the water I looked it over once more when it hit me. This wasn't a stone. It was an egg! Panic filled my sporty frame as emeralds searched wildly for whatever could be the infant's mother before the sound of a twig snapping beneath someone's weight distracted my from my searching frenzy. Maybe it was the infant's parents?

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Alysanne]
Words;; 476
Notes;; <3

Image Credit
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Love Songs & Six Strings [egg finding] - by Artorius - 02-02-2015, 06:26 PM