the Rift

[PRIVATE] Love Songs & Six Strings [egg finding]

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable

“No no, sweetie, that… that happened very recently. It’s not his fault.” Her response was quick, and strangely soothing even though I wasn't happy with her or with the dunskin paint who had took it upon himself to impregnant my mother. Glossy harks flicked back, not quite buried in my silk tresses, but it was clear that I still wasn't happy. Most of my anger was directed towards the tri-colored stallion who should feel quite blessed I didn't know where he was otherwise he would have a whole other idea about fucking around with my mother. My boiling blood was cooled slightly as Alysanne's gentle voice filled the air that was full of bird's singing and insects humming, “You met Resplendence?” There was an unasked question hanging tentatively in the air that caused my ears to pull forward some as a soft smile tugged at the corner of my inky kissers at the thought of the pink mare who was missing an ear. "I did, she's quite kind." I cleared my throat, forcing the lump that had formed in my esophagus down before looking up at the clear sky then tilting my gaze back towards the black and white features of my mother. "She said you two are quite good friends." Luckily my attempt at changing the subject by mentioning the speckled egg at my hooves seemed to do the trick, no more awkward emotional questions about what the other had been doing the whole time they were gone. Rather we were talking about the here and now, and it was a nice change from all of the emotions that had been running rampant as I still wasn't sure whether or not I should be overjoyed to be in Alysanne's presence again, or leaving so she could feel the pain I felt being left as a child.
“Oh! It’s a companion egg! Don’t worry, sweetie, it won’t die. You've found it so it’s up to you to keep it safe.” Ears flicked forwards entirely as I glanced back down at the egg that I originally had thought was just a distorted reflection of myself. A gentle gust of warm air was expelled from my slightly parted kissers as emeralds rested contently on the smooth, spotted shell. “I took care of one myself not too long ago. It hatched into a companion... Sort of like an animal spirit, it’ll bond to your soul if you take care of it and be your best friend. As it grows you two can share thoughts. We must keep the egg warm. Your feathers are a perfect insulation… I kept mine nestled in the joint where wings met my back - it proved a rather effective nest.” As Alysanne spoke my gaze shifted once more up to my mother, gaze meeting her pretty features through thick lashes that I still couldn't tell if I had gotten from Sasha or Alysanne. Regardless, it was one of the things I had gotten complimented on growing older but something I wasn't sure if I enjoyed for the feminine appearance it would give if my jaw line wasn't so sharp and sporty. For the first time in a while a smile was offered at my mother. Even though she had left me I could tell she was genuinely glad to see me here in her new home, even if she did seem a bit hesitant in my presence...I'm sure my abrasiveness at the beginning of our reunion wasn't the best way to start off.
Guilt wiggled its way into my mind as I stepped forward, careful to avoid stepping on or even brushing against the speckled shell as I reached my midnight stained muzzle out to my mother warily, hoping she would accept my apology for my earlier attitude...and accept my forgiveness for her leaving. Surely she had a good reason, otherwise she wouldn't have gone, maybe I would never understand her reason but that didn't matter. "I'm sorry mat'. I missed you..." My deepening lyrics trailed off as my sentence ended, emotion lacing every single word like a fancy decoration one couldn't bear to remove just yet.

"Talk talk talk."

OOC;; Sorry this took so long dear <3 ahmahgad, the feels.
TAG;; @[Alysanne]
WORDS;; 689
Image Credits
- table by Niki -
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Love Songs & Six Strings [egg finding] - by Artorius - 02-17-2015, 10:48 PM