the Rift

[OPEN] I'll Be Your Valentine

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

How many times had I heard the constant rushing of the waves against the shore? Surely one would think it to be a monotonous sound, but certainly not I. Every new place harbored strange and exciting wonders, wares, and delicacies- yet the ocean was always the same. However, her song was always changing and always beautiful. That was the one thing I’d promised myself I’d find… in every land, in every city. Helovia had proffered many unusual delights, but her sea was quite old and distinctly wise… and its song was unlike anything I’d heard before. It told of tragedy and war and life, but there was something deeper, something too faint to hear amongst the low notes… Perhaps it was sadness masked by strength, though I couldn’t be certain. I ducked my head toward the rolling waters and closed my eyes in order to read the sea’s ancient tales but I was interrupted in doing so.

The song is suddenly dissonant and irksome, as if someone has changed the strings upon which it is played. I throw my head back at the sound and when I glare angrily down the beach, I find the culprit. Just around the soft curve of the shore, a young palomino mare works her way in and out of the water in frenzy. Although I can’t quite put my finger on it, I can definitely tell that she appears to be engaged… but by what, I still don’t know.

Upon stepping away from the water’s grasp, I steered my course toward the mare and her haphazard thrashing. However, when her sights were directed back towards me, she paused as if she’d been caught stealing a damn cookie from the cookie jar. It didn’t keep me from approaching, but I did have to smile slightly at her antics. “You’re botching the ocean’s rhythm,” I stated coolly, as if she would understand my own momentary insanity.

The young girl couldn’t be any more than two or three years old from the looks of her, but I didn’t think it appropriate to ask and instead swallowed the notion. “What’s your name?” I asked casually after falling into step alongside her. I’d always been a fairly confident man and had no troubles saying and doing what I liked, even if it made others mildly uneasy. That’s not to say this young lass was off-put by my presence, but at times I liked to hope so. After all, I be an intimidating creature… if only because of my forthright demeanor. I’d grown into my skin a long time ago and learned that should one desire respect, one had to give them a reason for respect. Sometimes it worked out and other times it didn’t, but that was the name of the game.

Not everyone was meant to enjoy one another… though I blissfully enjoyed most everyone.

talk talk talk

Atlas

Save your light
image credits

@[Jahzara]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
I'll Be Your Valentine - by Atlas - 02-02-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: I'll Be Your Valentine - by Jahzara - 02-04-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: I'll Be Your Valentine - by Atlas - 02-05-2015, 11:25 AM