the Rift

[PRIVATE] Perfect storm (closed, continued in the edge)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
[Image: 53c23221eee99]
No spectators aside from heaven held witness as we danced the ancient rite of passage, an old courtship waltz; aye, tis instinctual, just as blinking or breathing. With magic only Africa seemed capable of weaving, she brought a dead man to life once more... swaying my heart beneath a diamond heaven to find enough strength to give surrender, trust.

Months passed in a blur, blissful afternoons spent under a brilliant sun, warm and forgiving. Evenings cherished beside waterfalls, near the chilling mountainscape as many a palaver was held, stories and tales of grandeur and sadness were told. Aye. It felt like I was living a dream. One I feared would soon come to an end.

Darkness. Fear. Doubt. Lay in wait... binding their time.

Like a weed lacking nourishment and digging ever deeper to find substance, fear slowly began to sink in once more. Patrolling eves away from home brought back terrors (none that I spoke of to her or anyone else.) Some nights my flesh would startle awake, the scent of blood still fresh -- evidence that this tormented mind was doomed to relive those soul wrenching moments I'd buried my face in Seele's cold flesh and cried out as a man in hell would. A scream that would move the heart of stone itself.

Ascended. Gallant. That's what they called me. Not a failed father or unfit protector. It remained to be seen if I would fail yet again. Destroy another set of lives that didn't deserve to have someone like myself as their fragile leader, lover, mentor, mate. Fina returns from her early morning hunt, positioning herself as a sentry over a slumbering sissa (whose aspirations are spurred later in the morning.) My posture is calm, ever assertive... it betrays these storming eyes as we wait quietly near the entrance of our home, patiently binding time for Africa to arrive.
[Image: 53c231fe00a58]

@[Africa]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Perfect storm (closed, continued in the edge) - by Midas - 02-03-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Perfect storm - by Africa - 02-04-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Perfect storm - by Midas - 02-09-2015, 08:08 AM
RE: Perfect storm - by Africa - 02-14-2015, 10:29 PM