the Rift

[OPEN] Hate
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
M
I
D
A
S
There was nothing left to say. Nor to do. I abandon their gathering when the bloodthirsty, heartbroken congregation dispersed. Dazed. Trailed off with staggering slowness into the deep forest; and once submerged in those sinking shadows, the full weight and finality of my loss sunk in. Crown drifts low, heavy and running square into the solid trunk of a towering oak without much force. Lids shut themselves against the fevered agony that was my mind.

This body felt hot, prickly, uncomfortable. My throat was dry, like someone had poured a bucket of sand down it. Eventually I pealed myself off yon timber and drifted, like a ghost to a nearby stream. The water was cool, comforting. Muzzle dove deep, suckling with such frantic appetite, not realizing until it was to late that those same quenching droplets were going to unsettle and slosh around my gut till I felt nauseous.

Aye, indeed. There were other things at work. A fever began to set in. I quivered during the first mile, feeling both hot and cold. A pent groan was sucked into the air; the surrounding darkness seemed to absorb each breath with thick acceptance, making my chest feel tight and turning something as simple as the act of breathing hard won. A dry laugh cracked loose, splintered, "He's dead...dead...dead." Head knocked back and forth, throbbing. There were dark spots appearing in my vision, "A half God," another faint laugh, "Takes a God to kill a God." Fina was pressing into my mind, I violently shoved her away. Dim realization told me she was shocked. "Go away," I muttered, still crackling like a dry twig. Stress made the body a poor defender. By the time the cliffs loomed overhead I'd swayed and tripped twice...though how strange it was to be so uncaring about what my body was doing. Somewhere a cry. Perhaps tis my own, perhaps someone else.

Neve and Fina glide to a nearby tree as I sank down beside it. To tired to climb, that throbbing had increased until it was all I could feel...all that could be heard. Perhaps shutting my eyes would drown it out.

@[Africa]
Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Hate - by Midas - 02-04-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Hate - by Africa - 02-11-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Hate - by Midas - 02-13-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: Hate - by Africa - 03-01-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Hate - by Midas - 03-03-2015, 11:30 PM