the Rift

[OPEN] A Raid in the Eyrie

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

I hardly noticed the bay mare's hesitation at my question about her mother's teachings as I continued on with my childish rambling. Suddenly it didn't matter to me if Megaera's ma didn't teach her what was considered safe and what was dangerous, all I wanted to do was get down off of her back and go back to the exploring that I had planned out for the day. Getting stuck on someone's back was not on the top of my list of things to-do, but I would laugh about it later when I was older and thinking back on how I met the bay mare. But for now I was too busy thinking about how fun it would be to just tuck and roll off of the mare's spine. Navy harks flicked around as baby blues locked in on the hard ground beneath the two of us, my mind made up that I was going to do this when the mare's voice broke through the child-like insanity.
“If you could stay a minute you could help me on a rescue mission. If you can stay very, very still right where you are, you could keep me from going over while I pull up out treasure, eh?” Instantly I was distracted from the crazy idea as a new kind of fun was offered on a silver platter by my platform. Baby blues widened with overwhelming excitement while my slender infantile chest puffed up in a show of pride and strength. Orange bolted features nodded once with enthusiasm at the idea of being the bay's hero once again, I had just saved her from a briny death and now I could help her get whatever treasure it was she had been trying to reach for. We were pirates! An unbeatable duo that would scour the whole earth (or at least just the island) and gather all of the bountiful treasures to be found. Smiling widely I took a gentle step back so my balance would be better suited on the mare's hips while I awaited the next order of business.
As soon as I stopped moving the mare began moving, her movements quick and if I hadn't been mostly prepared for them I probably would have been thrown off of her side into the hot sands we thrived on. A soft gasp was sucked in between slightly parted kissers while I waited for the mare to pull herself back up and away from the dangerous cliff edge. How was I being a hero standing here? Shouldn't I be down there helping her with whatever it was that she was doing? I didn't have long to mull over my musings before the mare popped back up from her awkward downward-dog position, the sudden movement causing my downy wings to fling out to the sides so I could keep my balance. “Ta-da! One babe, safe and sound! Now Hertz, tuck your wings in tight to your sides in case you go rolling and go ahead and step down. Mind your footing and I’ll mind the rest.” A broad grin spread across my handsome features while I did as the older woman said in order to hop off of her. I was as careful as a young boy could be, trying to be mindful of the mare as I stepped without hesitation off of her back and landed in a pile of knees and wings in the hot sand, giggling like an idiot. "That was fun! We should try it again sometime!!" Childish lyrics squealed with excitement before the smooth treasure in the red sands caught the corner of my eye and drew my attention away from thinking up ways to get back on the mare's spinal cord once again. Instead my mind was focused entirely on the egg resting happily, and much safer on the top of the cliff rather than on the side. A snort blew through navy paper thins as I untwisted my limbs from their jumbled mix and took a careful step closer to the treasure. "What is it?!" As soon as the last word fell from my jaws my skull was dropped close to the treasure and my salmon tongue was reaching out to swipe across it. Paper thins scrunched up in disappointment, the treasure wasn't even tasty! What kind of treasure was it!?

"Speech."
Tag | @[Megaera]
Words | 739
Notes | I'm so sorry I took so long! I am trying to catch up on replies now!

hertz
if your legs don't work
Image Credits
Please tag me in all posts!

Messages In This Thread
A Raid in the Eyrie - by Megaera - 02-05-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: A Raid in the Eyrie - by Hertz - 02-05-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: A Raid in the Eyrie - by Megaera - 02-13-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: A Raid in the Eyrie - by Hertz - 02-23-2015, 03:14 PM
RE: A Raid in the Eyrie - by Megaera - 03-07-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: A Raid in the Eyrie - by Hertz - 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM